Topic: Considering a transaction, your input appreciated

Im thinking of selling either my Guild Starfire IV or my 335 to pick up a high end nylon string acoustic. I don't need two semi hollow bodies. The 335 is a 335, but I love the way the Starfire plays a lot more, so I'm inclined to keep the Guild. (FWIW the Guild was made in the last month before they moved their high end manufacturing overseas, so it's one of the later domestic instruments. The Gibson is an '07.)

Crazy to dump the 335 for an acoustic? I think I could get good $$$ for it right now with the Gibson wood drama going on at the moment.

Thoughts?

Re: Considering a transaction, your input appreciated

If you wish to sell or trade to members on Chordie you should place an ad in the Chordie market forum with a price you would like to get smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I'm not quite there yet. Just wondering if I'm crazy for selling an es335 to pick up a nylon string geetar. I'm torn.

Dude, I've been a electric Gibson man all my life. My personal prefrence. I don't play electrics anymore but still wish I'd kept my 69 Les Paul and my 72 335. I just like the way a good gibson feels and sounds. I totally know the situation about selling one to buy something you want. That's how I ended up selling those two. I only wish I hadn't got ride of those two. It's not an easy choice. Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck.

Joe

Thanks for the input. That's exactly the position I am in. I wanted a 335 for 15 years before I could finally afford one 3-4 years ago. The year before I bought it I picked up the Starfire - It was a grand cheaper than the 335.

Playing them side by side though, the feel of the Starfire kicks the hell out of the Gibson. So Im attached to the 335 but it feels like an inferior instrument to me. AAAAAAAACK!

Bgd ,I only have a 335 copy (Espana) and I love it,I have played the gibson and it is abetter sounding guitar. That is a hard decision too make.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Baldguitardude wrote:

I'm not quite there yet. Just wondering if I'm crazy for selling an es335 to pick up a nylon string geetar. I'm torn.

Well,  If it helps,  I traded a 78 Les Paul Deluxe for a J-200.  I still think I got the better end of the deal.

Now available in 5G !

why dont you get just a decent nylon string instead of a high end one.Hold on to both guitars.Then if you really want to play the nylon string,make your original move.That way you wont make a move you will regret later.VOICE OF EXPERIENCE.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Interesting idea.

Have you decided what you want to do yet?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Nope. I'm still waffling.