1 (edited by naolslager 2011-11-08 05:47:04)

Topic: I hate to rev up GAS but...

There are some very nice deals on Amazon. Use "ROCKTOUR" code for an additional 15% off. AND, if you shop in the "musical outlet" area it's a cheapskate's paradise. For example: Recording King ROS-616 solid mahogany, 12-fret (list for $699), can be had for less than $500 shipped to your door.

Cort L100C (solid top) beater for $131. Zurf, this has your name all over it to fulfill your "campfire guitar" quest.

Re: I hate to rev up GAS but...

Thanks for looking out for me naoslager.  My campfire guitar I think has become upgraded to either a Martin 000-15M or a Seagull S6, or a cedar topped guitar similar to the Seagull.  My dreadnaughts are beginning to cause some elbow problems with arthritis. 

- Zurf

edited for spelling

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: I hate to rev up GAS but...

Zurf,
I have an S6 that I love BUT it is significantly deeper than a 000-15M. I'm considering the latter to replace the former for that very reason. You might want to check out the RK ROS-616 on Amazon - 12 fret, mahogany (sapele) with solid mahogany neck, bone nut/saddle, Grover open-back tuners. I think the "drive out" price is $494.

While I prefer the Martin 15Ms, there is a 000-15 for sale on CL near me that is hard to resist. I know the difference and would much prefer the M but...
dj