Topic: loopers?

I am looking for people who have experience with loop pedals or stations. I am shopping and I want some opinions other than those provided by the manufacturers and retailers. Tell me about some of the models available and their pros and cons. Thanks

Re: loopers?

Hi Daldav, wecome to Chordie. My looper experience is with the 20 sec. looper built into my digitech rp355 guitar
  processor. I essentially bought it for the sounds it creates but found the looper to very useful. The one drawback
  is that 20 seconds is not enough time to fit a normal song verse and chorus in to practice over. I get frustrated at
  times at this and have checked out looping stations but they are spendy. You might check out Chordies market place
  here on Chordie. Russell had a looper for sale there, and could give you his opinion.     Good luck-Mike

Our intuitions serve us well

I have the Digitech Jamman thanks to my wife who looks at my Christmas wish list every now and then.  This item is no longer in production, they've replaced it with an upgraded model with more footswitches. I'm extremely pleased with this product.  I haven't nailed down the input/ output levels like I would like to but I'm working on it.  Digitech makes a good product and for either learning solos or performing live, I would highly recommend this one.  I hear that Boss also makes a great looper.  Read the reviews.  Any quality looper is a great learning tool and live performing tool.

Now available in 5G !

I use a Boss RC-2. Like all Boss products brilliantly put together and it feels pretty much bulletproof, I can't find any downsides to it.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Daldav, I also have the older Jamman with two pedals that is no longer made. Loopers are great learning tools. You will improve your guitar skills using a Looper. The older Jamman in my opinion is a gamble. I 've heard of a few people who have had good luck with the older model. I have not. With very little use in a little over 1 years time mine has crapped out on me. Can't do anything with it . Like it won't respond to any thing. Can't even play directly thru it. It's over the warrenty so it's just sitting now.  I have researched this and found many others experienced   the same thing. I'd research some of the other models available before I'd buy the Jamman.

Joe

6 (edited by Stickman Yogi 2011-11-16 04:59:49)

I recently bought the Boss RC-30. I love it and expect it to do most things I'd want it to do. If you search Boss RC-30 on Youtube you'll find a bunch of videos which highlight the RC-30. It has two tracks both in stereo... 3 hours of memory which is PHENOMENAL, and built in special effects. You can upload or download tracks to your computer. What else... it is fairly easy to catch onto but there is a learning curve. Over all I think it is best bang for the buck and will tease your imagination like never before. Again... do a search in Youtube, especially keeping an eye out for Dub FX and Josie Charlwood. Hope this helps!

Live to love, love to live.

7 (edited by Grah1 2011-11-16 16:20:57)

I have  a  boss rc  2 which  I  find  great  for    solo  practice  but  I  dont  use it  live  as  I  find  it  hard  to  time  the  stop  start as it  requires a double  click . The  only  live  use  Ive  done  with it  was about  a year  ago  when  I  needed  to   make  a  rythm  track  for  a  solo  gig  ,I  got  round  the stop problem  by  having  the  engineer  fade  the  finish  for me  from  the  desk

Grah1 wrote:

I have  a  boss rc  2 which  I  find  great  for    solo  practice  but  I  dont  use it  live  as  I  find  it  hard  to  time  the  stop  start as it  requires a double  click . The  only  live  use  Ive  done  with it  was about  a year  ago  when  I  needed  to   make  a  rythm  track  for  a  solo  gig  ,I  got  round  the stop problem  by  having  the  engineer  fade  the  finish  for me  from  the  desk

I also have the RC2 but added FS-5U for $17.50 which allow you to stop on one stomp and erase or stop on one stomp then restart same sequence already recorded (depending on switch position on FS-5U).  This seamlessly lets me practice several layers of background to build on solo's.  I think it gives you the chance to learn vocals on some songs while accompanying yourself to keep the rhythm.  I don't know, but out of all the accessories I feel like it gives back the most for the money and effort.  Short learning curve especially with the added FS-5U convenience.

the fs 5u  sounds  a  good    mod I'll check it  out .
cheers

Thanks everyone! keep it coming!!Now where should I leave that Christmas list....

I have always used the RC-30 loop pedal and absolutely love it! Solid, lots of features and amazingly easy to use! It's the one I would recommend over all others.

Buzzwagon wrote:

I use a Boss RC-2. Like all Boss products brilliantly put together and it feels pretty much bulletproof, I can't find any downsides to it.

Jerry

I've got an RC-2 as well, and will vouch for it's utility. It is a small pedal that provides up to 16 minutes of recording and 11 different loop slots.  And like all Boss stomp boxes, it's pretty much indestructible.  The drum patterns are kinda cheesy, but they're better than a metronome and perfectly adequate for at home jam sessions.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Grah1 wrote:

A single stomp will stop recording, and set up a new loop.  As long as you don't need to go back to it, you should be able to stop the loop with one stomp.  As other's have noted, the optional pedal will give you full one stomp stoppage.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]