Topic: triva who is still performing older artist's/alive?

I saw a doors movie yesterday,and a thought came too mind who is still out there and still performing. Maybe we can all see which artist are still functional.     Peter Noones (Hermans Hermets,he is solo now and sounds great).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: triva who is still performing older artist's/alive?

Well we know Neil Young has been around since the 60's and still kicking up the tunes.  That was an easy one.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Alice Cooper.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Keith Richards and the rest of the Stones. Must be a hundred or more. LOL

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Black Sabbath is playing again.  I saw the last reunion tour back in like 1999.  They were pretty spry for a bunch of geezers.   Ozzie is 63.   Tommy is 61.  Geezer (most apropos name ever!) is 60.   Bill Ward is 63.

Then there's the Rolling Stones...

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

6 (edited by Buzzwagon 2011-11-15 21:55:16)

The obvious Paul McCartney
Albert Lee, (Heads, Hands and Feet), (now performing with Hogans Heroes, and very good they are too)
Chas Hodges (Heads, Hands and Feet)
Eric Clapton (and he only lives down the road from me)
Status Quo, (still cranking out twelve bar blues and still yet to find a fourth chord!)
Dave Gilmour (ex Floyd) still sounding good
Roger Waters (ex Floyd and about to tour The Wall next year)
Focus. Still going strong
BB King
Santana
Van Morrison
Paul Simon
Bob Dylan

I could go on, there are plenty from the 60's who are still around and haven't succumbed to the not so inevitable booze or drugs.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

7 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2011-11-15 22:01:19)

Leonard Cohen. 77 years old and still going.On the other end of the spectrum,The Jimi Hendrix experience is the only band that is completely dead.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

The searchers are still going  they must be the hardest working band in the world .playing several times a week.50 weeks a year!

Can any other band claim this?

The King Of Audio Torture

I just read where Chuck Berry is still kickin out the jams.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Deep Purple are back on tour in the UK!!!!

Although he is much younger than most folks listed in this thread, I don't know of anybody who rocks a tuba like tubatooter does at his age!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Tom Petty 60 last year.

Has never followed any trend but his own.

ROBIN TROWER -- STILL KICKING AND PUTTING OUT NEW MUSIC.

Dick Dale

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

13 (edited by dino48 2011-11-16 01:18:13)

topdown wrote:

Although he is much younger than most folks listed in this thread, I don't know of anybody who rocks a tuba like tubatooter does at his age!

good one top's,I am learning alot of these people are still around,music must be good for your health.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Tony Bennett, 85 I think and sounds fantastic

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

15 (edited by whitewater55 2011-11-16 12:49:04)

How about Jerry Lee Lewis?
Chuck Berry jams every weekend in St Louis with his children.
Randy Bachman plays a few concerts a year, as does Burton Cummings.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Levon Helm of the Band still does his Midnight Ramble. 

badeye   cool

one caper after another

17 (edited by dino48 2011-11-16 17:35:05)

I thought chuck berry was not with us any longer,good to know he is and also jerry lee lewis. Merle Haggard is still around and the group Tower of Power.Buzzwagon if eric lived just down the road from me I would camp out on his front road.

On the country side we still have these guys performing:

Charlie Pride - 73
Merle Haggard - 74
Bobby Bare - 76
Willie Nelson - 78
George Jones - 80

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

topdown wrote:

Wow, what a wonderful compliment, Tops. I am so honored, sir.
At my age 70, I am retiring from paying gigs - more than the rate my playing skills are eroding, I look really bad huffing and puffing onstage these days. That Florida tour you attended, Topdown, was my last.
I still enjoy jamming on tuba and guitar and will continue playing for fun with my pickin' buddies as often as I can. I hope to attend some jamming opportunities with my chordie friends as much as possible.
Onstage entertaining is and should be for the young. I plan to pound beers and pick and grin with friends until my geezerhood is over.
thanking you,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:
topdown wrote:

Wow, what a wonderful compliment, Tops. I am so honored, sir.
At my age 70, I am retiring from paying gigs - more than the rate my playing skills are eroding, I look really bad huffing and puffing onstage these days. That Florida tour you attended, Topdown, was my last.
I still enjoy jamming on tuba and guitar and will continue playing for fun with my pickin' buddies as often as I can. I hope to attend some jamming opportunities with my chordie friends as much as possible.
Onstage entertaining is and should be for the young. I plan to pound beers and pick and grin with friends until my geezerhood is over.
thanking you,
toots

I like your moxy,

badeye   cool

one caper after another

tubatooter1940 wrote:

That Florida tour you attended, Topdown, was my last.
thanking you,
toots

Well toots, all I can say is I am very fortunate and grateful to see you on your "farewell tour". I am even more fortunate to have jammed with you personally and look forward to some more pickin' the next time our paths meet. Beers are on me my friend!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

just saw something that Tony Orlando is still singing.