1 (edited by Buzzwagon 2011-12-17 19:18:31)

Topic: NGD

I've been out and treated myself to an early christmas pressie today. After trying 7 different tele's from a Mexican Blacktop, (not great) to a 52 Hot Rod Reissue, (great but expensive in the UK), I decided on a Classic Player Thinline Deluxe. I so wanted to love the Hot Rod and the tone and sustain on it was amazing but the re-issue neck is just too chunky for me and I've made the mistake in the past of thinking "I'll get used to it" when I bought a Les Paul that 6 months later was sold on eBay. The Thinline, despite being Mexican, is finished beautifully and without too much of a difference in tone between the two humbuckers which the Blacktop had. Set up straight from the factory is excellent and as good as the Hot Rod which was £1000 more expensive! It sits nicely with my Japanese Tele and now gives me all the tones I need so hopefully that's the end of my GAS, he says!

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h432/buzzwagon1/Tele.jpg

I've now got to move some out, the missus has said that she doesn't want the sitting room looking any more like a guitar shop than it already does so I'm getting rid of my Classic 60's Strat and my Epiphone Wildkat, if anybody on this side of the water is interested let me know.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Re: NGD

Nothin says Merry Christmas like a new guitar - Have a happy NGD Buzzwagon

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Good for you Buzzwagon.  Yuo are a man who knows what he wants.  Have fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good looking guitar buzzwagon.If you are selling alot of your other ones why don't you put them here with the prices I would like too see them,I want a Martin.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

congrats on the NGD!  Nice looking guitar there!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Congrats from me too. Great guitar although personally I would not have gone for black even though it is very popular. Black shows every slight mark to easily and I hate cleaning smile.

By all means put your guitars that are for sale in the ' Chordie Market Place', it is there for you to use to sell your guitars and stuff.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

that is one fab looking tele buzz! having bought a tele myself last year which was a standard, i didn't realise you could buy a babe like that over the counter, i know the feeling you must get just playing scales! treat her gentle

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.