Topic: I Spy...A Guitar!

I am drawn to the sight of an acoustic guitar like iron to a magnet. Whether it's walking through an airport and seeing someone else carrying a guitar or while leafing through a magazine and catching a photograph of someone playing or holding one. Or even in movies and television shows, seeing one propped up in the background is of great interest to me. I try to discern make/model, etc and imagine the person who plays it. weird but it is a fascination for me.

A friend of my daughters showed up at the house a few nights ago with his guitar. It was in a nice HSC and appeared to be a 000 or jumbo body. I was entertaining family and could not conveniently break from the conversation to find out more and my curiosity was killing me. My daughter and her friends disappeared into the basement to practice for an open-mike night later that night. Unfortunately I couldn't hear them from where I was sitting nor could I break away. Oh, how I wanted to be a spectator downstairs...or later at the open-mike event but guest come first. Maybe next time.

They played three songs that night: Simon & Garfunkels "Sounds of Silence", something from Nickel Creek? and something else I was not familiar with.

But I digress. Anyone else have a morbid curiosity regarding guitars?
dj

Re: I Spy...A Guitar!

Yep.  I don't think it's weird at all. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

When you are interested in something, a guitar in this case, you tend to see more guitars than if you aren't interested.  Your mind does funny things.  Same if I am all of a sudden interested in a certain car.  I tend to see that model on the roads every where I go. It's a subconscious thing.  Enjoy it.  But don't let it consume you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Nao,I think that is a natural reaction for an artist too watch,play,teach,learn,with other performers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I always notice what kind of guitar someone is playing.Happy days for example,I like to see what guitars they use when they sing?Old Elvis movies are another source.That thing you do,one of them(steve zahn)has a silvertone exactly like mine.A lot of old movies and tv shows are like that.Whenever there is a band playing,they usually have some cool instruments.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Does not matter if it is acoustic or electric I want to look at them all. A few months ago I, my wife and the in-laws went to Old Town Temecula. During the summer they have bands set up along the street and play. I wanted to stop and watch every band not because of the music (much of it was good) but to look at the tools of the trade. I had to keep going as the other three would not stop!

Even though I don't play great, I would have every guitar that catches my fancy hanging from my walls,,,,,if money  and my wife both happened to align on the same cosmic plane.  Just looking at them makes me feel better. (oh any classic old bike)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Hey Neo ,
   You do know that it's a desease right ?? I see a guitar case walking down the street , I don't even see who's carrying it , I just follow it , ( you know , hiding behind every lamp post ) , untill I get up the nerve to say , " hi there , Whatcha get in the case " L O L ... So NO , it's not just you ...
                                            Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "