Topic: Like it or not, it can be as simple and basic as this.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/14474530 … sk-concert

Her zeal and attitude offset the fact she's playing an affordable guitar. This is is about making music (like it or not) and not about what she's playing or how much it cost. For me, this is inspiring.

No axle-wrappage about abalone or wood, just music.
dj

Re: Like it or not, it can be as simple and basic as this.

No offence and glad you liked it/found it inspiring but I couldn't take it...lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

It won't play on my computer.  Other Tiny Desk concerts have.  I haven't become a fan yet.   So many people whose musical tastes I appreciate enjoy the Tiny Desk concerts.  I keep getting sent copies of them, and I keep thinking that they're almost interesting and enjoyable but not quite.  I have no idea whether this one would be like that or not as it won't play for me. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Aaarg I cant listen to anyone who cant tune there instrument to me its like listening to someone running there fingernails on a chalkboard.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I tried listening also, but couldn't get it to work.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I finally was able to listen.  I think naoslager's point is valid.  Her music is simple and earthy and it doesn't need to be any more difficult than that.  That said, I didn't care for it much on a personal level, though I can see how it would appeal to many. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

What I see is an attractive girl that always helps...
but what I hear is the urine being extracted painfully... lol
IMHO...

Good on her she`s really getting into it.
i don`t knock anyones music cause it`s all better than me.
the exception to this is, if the person is getting paid then i think i can make a critique

what do u think?

The King Of Audio Torture

easybeat,
Right on. I don't particularly like this music or this song but she is playing and I am watching. The fact she spared much expense on an affordable guitar makes the point all the more.

Like I said, like it or not, she is playing and hopefully she is happen doing so.

There are three kinds of people: those that make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened. She belongs to the first group.
dj