Topic: Guitar Players Must be Avid Campers!

Every forum I read there is always someone looking for a "campfire guitar". While I suspect it may be an excuse to purchase yet another guitar - not that there's anything wrong with that - our campgrounds must be full of music!

If a guitar is played in the woods with no one around, does it make noise?
dj

Re: Guitar Players Must be Avid Campers!

Guitars gfo so well with groups of people, whether it be a camping trip in the woods or a back yard bar-b-que.  They bring joy to groups in all settings, as well you know. There is just something about a guitar in the out doors.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

naolslager wrote:

If a guitar is played in the woods with no one around, does it make noise?

I could be wrong, but I bet the person playing said guitar can hear it.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep and the bears, too.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

When I was a boy we camped all the time. At some point the guitar would show up and great fun was had. Although I enjoyed it then I did not appreciate it. Man, I wished I had shown an interest then. Those camping trips are some of my fondest memories.

My mom passed away in August and at the funeral I ran into an old neighbor I hadn't seen in 25+(?) years. He was one of the guitarists. I told him of the fond memories I had because he shared his guitar and music. He smiled. THE GIFT OF MUSIC INDEED!
dj

I know I'm an avid camper and always carry mine smile There's usually someone else around to pick with. 

The phrase "campfire guitar" is used as a general term in the musical circle...  Most often any guitar used as a beater, practice, drunk jam session, bbq, camping or any other gathering were it may get knocked over, passed around or otherwise unkindly treated would fall under the category of "campfire guitar"

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Right Pix.  But I do think there's a lot of campers that pick and a lot of pickers that camp. 

Speaking of which, third weekend in June - Low Water Bridge Campground in Bentonville, Virginia.  You're all invited.  Details to follow. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The only "camping" I have done, save one trip when I was bout 12, was on campaign fires in California. While it is not to difficult to find a "campfire" on those things I have found that a guitar would be somewhat impractical. What with all the required equipment. I does give me a thought though...

Who says one cannot find room for a small guitar on a fire engine? Who needs MRE's anyway? They taste bad, are avoided at all costs and just take up space! If I ever get back to work I am going to fabricate a bracket to put on my engine so I can mount my guitar there when we go out on a strike team.

Now I just gotta figure out how to carry it on the fire line when I am humping hills...Wasn't there a folding guitar thread floating around in this site?

Guitars and the outdoors just go together like moss on the bank of your favorite fishing hole, campfires and friends, good times and memories.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

It ain't a campfire without some guitar music and singing.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Guitars and sailboats also have a positive correlation - not to mention beer. smile

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I'll second that Toots!

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I'll play along.  You got a third from me.