Topic: NGD: Squire Standard Strat (with upgrades)

Well, I think I did allright.
I got my new (used) strat today!
http://i.imgur.com/mY88r.jpg
I named him "Smokey" for the 3-color sunburst that's on him. I can't figure out what kind of bridge they put on it, but it's stable. I can dive and lift and it goes right back into tune (One of the things I was scared of dealing with on a strat)

The bridge pickup is just fine, I don't think I need a humbucker afterall right now. I can always put in my own humbucker at a later date like I did with my 51. The neck pickup is soooo warm compared to the single coil that was in the neck on my 51. I don't even need to put a charlie christian in the neck spot on this guitar...wow!

Well, now to get to know him and play some sweet sweet position 2&4 music!

toodles,
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: NGD: Squire Standard Strat (with upgrades)

Good for you detman,looks like a decent guitar. happy ngd!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Looks good, Detman. Glad you're happy.
My son got a white Strat Squier . I'm a Gibson man but this Strat with no set up, played well enough, held a tune and sounded like any Stat I ever heard on U-Tube. That guitar, as is, is good enough to gig with.
If I didn't have my Gibson, I could live with this Squier.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I think that the Squier Guitars are a real value nowadays.
There was a time when they were not so good.

Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Good for you.  You need to put your logo on her.  Can't wait to hear you make her scream.  (which is a sentence I would never have figured to write)

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

Good for you.  You need to put your logo on her.  Can't wait to hear you make her scream.  (which is a sentence I would never have figured to write)

- Zurf

Oh its coming. I just haven't decided where to put it. I am guessing it will have to be on the headstock somewhere.
I haven't had the chance to plug it in and turn it up yet or tape any of my playing. I will say one thing though, this is the most mellow and smooth guitar I've ever owned. It's like it was built for the blues/soul music. Wow.
Playing it with the guitar volume high and the amp volume low gives this awesome breakup that I haven't been able to achieve before.
The pickups in my other guitar (The '51) hit the front of the amp too hard for subtle breakup to be achieved. The single coils in this guitar are mellow-city so I have a LOT more control over my sound now.

big_smile
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle