Topic: drummers

Who is, I will make it a little bit easier, just because of this topic, because there are so many good drummers, jazz... the best "POPULAR DRUMMER" with a lot of influence, like jimi hendrix and clapton were for guitar players

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: drummers

Popular drummer? 

Keith Moon, no contest.  smile

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

and...Buddy Rich,John Bonham,Neil Peart,Kenny Jones,Phil Collins,Alex VanHalen,..???..these guys weren't just back up players, they contributed to the overall sound of the bands. And live , they were a large part of the stage show.

Go WINGS..and Tigers,Lions and Reading F.C...C'mon Royals

Yep agreeing on a few names there that were not only popular but GREAT.
Neil pert, not just for drums but percussion
john bonham, a legendary drummer that has infulenced so many rock drummers.
Keith moon for his eratic drumming, the band had no idea what he was going to do but it always worked.
Nick Mason, not known for fast drumming but his techique in playing and fills and one of the first to play double bass.
and that Larrs guy from metallica, very powerful,superb drumming.

and if I can add another drum , the bodhran. Any drummer that can play this properly are great drummers in my opinion.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi upyerkiilt.
Every year I go to the  { Fiddlers Green Festival } in County Down. Northern Ireland.

Just one big jammin session..The Bodhran is  a powerful instrument, It has such an ancient feel it goes right to the core of ones being.   Add a set of spoons , One super Banjo player from Galway and County Down, An Accordian, Guitars , fiddle players and Whistles.  I have even seen a guy playing and keeping time with a coin and a pint glass ?  Brilliant Atmosphere.   " Yes music is Gods way of teaching us how to pray  and enjoy life!".
Slan
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Is it true what they say: it is very difficult, at least for me, to be a JAZZ drummer. If you are a real good jazzdrummer, you can handle most of actual styles?
I forgot in my topic my all time favorite drummer JOHN "BONZO" BONHAM. Led Zeppelin, died to fast. He was so far as I am concerning, the driving force of the ZEPPIES, and was able to play very difficult stuff, with a lot of change in patterns. Led Zeppelin was a LOT MORE than PAGE and PLANT, I have the double DVD, produced by... Jimmy Page, = if you watch the dvd 15 minutes, you will see Page at meast 7-8 minutes, Plant about 4-5 minutes and the other 5 minutes: JONES & Bonham. JONES in fact was the musical genius there, played almost every instrument. But Page & Plant were better salesmen.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I have 1 quetion, the person (drummer) named pearl is he related? to the drumkit pearl

Phil,

Ginger Baker of Cream fame was a jazz drummer as was Charlie Watts of the Stones, Dunno how anyone would rate them outside of Jazz, but I'd say they could turn their hand to pretty much any style.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.