1 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-02-16 09:20:44)

Topic: DOES THIS MAKE ME A MEAN PERSON-read and you will see

On my way home yesterday,I had to stop at Wal Mart for bread and a phone card. A man fell and claims he ,hurt himself. He slipped on a pile of  S%#*. That`s right,poop,dung, manure. He started swearing and yelling and causing a scene. "I fell in DOGS@&^,look it`s DOGS*&^." I feel bad if he hurt himself but put yourselves in my place. I tried to contain myself for as long as possible along with the guy in the same line as I was in.I couldn`t stop snickering. When I got out to the parking lot I burst out laughing. Almost everyone I told thought it was funny. Give me your opinion. If he fell on a wet floor or some obstacle it wouldn`t be funny.But it is what it is. I am sure he is calling the law offices of somebody today.  Am I mean, ,sadistic or just normal. OPINIONS VALUED

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: DOES THIS MAKE ME A MEAN PERSON-read and you will see

I am quite sure if he had seriously hurt himself, was cut badly, broke a bone, knocked himself unconcious or similar you, or anyone else, would have been in there trying to help. But slip on a banana skin, dog poop, walk into a lamp post and I think the majority of us will see the funny side of that. Lets face it a lot of the early comedy was slapstick where people were apparently "getting hit or hurt" and going from one incident to another.

You are normal.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I was riding on the back of my buddy's motorcycle when he decided to take a short cut through a cow pasture. He accelerated to at least 40 MPH through the high grass when he ran over a log that threw us both off. There was one pile of cow crap out there and I landed in it.
My arm was hurt where I landed on it but everybody was laughing too hard at my smeared up clothing to give me any sympathy at all.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I don't care who you are that's funny! I saw the same thing in Germany once. I laughed then and still chuckle at the thought of it.

Sounds like the guy had a bad day.  But, yeah, falling in dog poop in a Wal-Mart is pretty funny.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Don't think I could have held a straight face at all, I am one of those sickos that find anything like that so very funny.....and bust me hole laughing out loud!

No jjj you are normal,I would have been laughing way before you did,if the person had really been hurt then you would be a mean guy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

A little schadenfreude is normal, but as I get older, I have less and less tolerance for degenerate slobs that don't clean up after their animals.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

A little schadenfreude is normal, but as I get older, I have less and less tolerance for degenerate slobs that don't clean up after their animals.

I had a dog for fifteen years and made a habit of cleaning up after her each time we walked her.  Our neighbors across the street do the same thing.  And our neighbors beside us do the same thing.  So on this street, there are/were a fair number of dogs.  We see folks from other parts of the neighborhood walk through here and allow their dogs to do their business without picking it up.  I have taken bags out to them before, because I've been caught without accidentally and hate having to go back to get it.  But they seemed confused about what the bag was for.  Pitiful.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I had a dog for fifteen years and made a habit of cleaning up after her each time we walked her.  Our neighbors across the street do the same thing.  And our neighbors beside us do the same thing.  So on this street, there are/were a fair number of dogs.  We see folks from other parts of the neighborhood walk through here and allow their dogs to do their business without picking it up.  I have taken bags out to them before, because I've been caught without accidentally and hate having to go back to get it.  But they seemed confused about what the bag was for.  Pitiful.

I'm a dog guy.  I don't have one now because I don't have the time to dedicate to caring for one properly, but I generally like dogs.  We have a couple of "problem" owners in the neighborhood, and because our house was previously owned by a problem dog owner, every other animal in the neighborhood comes by to visit. I spent the last two seasons repairing animal damage on the lawn (urine, etc...) and after delivering some leavings to the guilty party, it's gotten better.

I'm amazed at how ignorant these folks are about their pets, though.  I was sitting on my back porch once this summer when a small Boston Terrier came waltzing through my garage and out on the back porch to visit.  My house sets back fromt the road a bit, so it wasn't just a matter of the dog getting away from a walker.  I picked it up and took it out front to try to find the owner.  All the way at the end of the block I could see the folks out in their yard. I took the dog back.   I mentioned that I don't own dogs, but I'm having problems with them using my yard for the bathroom and could they please keep better tabs on him.

Do you know what she said to me, as I'm standing there holding her dog that I just removed from my porch?   She said "Oh, he's never out of the yard.  We make sure of that."   :-/

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

It's all in the definition of "our yard".