Topic: Searching for songs that (only) have G C D in them...

Hi. Very new to this site, and very new to guitar playing. I have learned G C E and am trying to search for songs on Chordie that only have these 3 chords. I can't seem to work out how to do that. Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Re: Searching for songs that (only) have G C D in them...

http://www.classic-country-song-lyrics.com/index.html

try this site.     

welcomr to chordie,,,    badeye   cool

one caper after another

GCD, or GCE?  Something you may want to look into is learning just a couple more chords, but lots of songs are only three chords.  If you search through songs here on chordie and find a song with only three chords, you can always use the transpose feature (on the right of the song page) to change the tuning and be able to play the song with the three chords you know.  The first song I learned was "leaving on a jet plane", found here:  http://chordie.com/chord.pere/www.guita … ranspose=0

and if you transpose that down two (-2) you should have the chords you're looking for!  Happy playing!  OH... and WELCOME TO CHORDE!!!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

You really need to add an Em to that chord list -

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Welcome to Chordie Songsting.   

I would check the Beginners song-books on Chordie for songs that interest you.  Most beginner songs are three chords.  Sometimes there will be a fourth chord that is a minor.  Those are usually relative minors (meaning the minor of the sixth chord from the root - if you don't know what minor, root, or sixth mean, check out the theory forum on Chordie).  The relative minor in the key of G is Em, which only takes two fingers and you can probably learn it real fast.  If the three chords of a song you are interested in playing aren't GCD, then diddle around with the transpose feature until they are.  If you learn A and E, then you'll have two keys you can play in.  And if you learn F, then you'll have three keys you can play in. 

Keep working on it and having fun learning.  Don't feel pressured to be 'good' too fast.  Take your time and let the lessons and chords really sink into your noggin. 

Also, if you haven't already, check out the beginner lessons on www.justinguitar.com.  I have no affiliation with that site except that of a satisfied user. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

WELL, what kinds of music do you like?  I can look through MY music, (pretty easy stuff haha) and Ill get back on sometime to post what songs I have.

"A bad note is only a fret or two away from a good note."  Anonymous

Amy is the above^ person related too you?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Dino,

Here is your answer: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14807

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

9 (edited by Songsting 2012-03-08 12:58:13)

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I guess i was just hoping there was a way to search for songs with specific chords in them. Because I don't know a lot of songs, I don't really know where to start by looking for a specific song, which is why a list of 'matching songs' would help.

I am a fan of 80s music, mainly - Duran Duran, Eurythmics etc but only just now I realise they are not at all good songs for guitar - well, a beginner like me, anyway. Mainly synthesizers...  I also like Queen, but that's a few years away from being manageable for me, I'd guess?

I just had my third lesson tonight and can (sort of) play Em, E, D7, E7 and A now as well, but I'd still really like to be able to search and get a list of songs with certain chords in them but that doesn't seem possible. I will check out the 'transpose' feature, if I can work out what that means.

Thanks again.

Oh, and how long before steel strings don't feel like they are killing my fingers?  ;-)

About three months. 

You'll get it worked out. 

Go to the Public Books tab at the top of Chordie's home page.  Then look for Beginner books.  They'll have lots of songs.  Some you'll recognize.  Some you won't.  Most all beginner arrangements are just that - arrangements.  They won't be EXACTLY like the original artist recording.  That's OK because you're not the original artist.  Browse around in there and see if you find a song or two that you like. 

Good luck and have fun. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

OHH Ive never been able to find a website like that but you could learn .. Cats in the cradle, Ball & chain, Ring of fire, and yes leaving on a jet plane.. those are the basic songs I started with.

@Dino48 yes I am Amy's son. Haha

"A bad note is only a fret or two away from a good note."  Anonymous

Bad moon rising and sweet home alabama.Stupid question.Is there any special reason why you only want those 3 chords?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

You can add Fire on the Mountain, For what its worth, Long Haired Country Boy, and tons of other songs to the list of 3 chord songs and all very easy to learn.  My best advice is learn the oldies alot of folk and Dyllan type stuff and you'll progress faster than you think

OH and I have the cure for sore finger tips..............

P R A C T I C E    lmao  sorry couldn't resist

mekidsmom_son wrote:

OHH Ive never been able to find a website like that but you could learn .. Cats in the cradle, Ball & chain, Ring of fire, and yes leaving on a jet plane.. those are the basic songs I started with.

@Dino48 yes I am Amy's son. Haha

cool,glad too see you here.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Free Fallin' capo on the 4th and play D G A.

Save the Last Dance for Me, A D E.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out some neil diamond and buddy holly songs. I think the beatles Norwegan wood is in this area.