Topic: 6 nations cup

it was great to see Wales beat Italy yesterday. and also England beat France today. it's a great day for British rugby. hoping Wales can take the championship next week, thanks to England tiring the French out.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: 6 nations cup

Phill what is Rugby? lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

it's like american football only exciting, skillfull and interesting.

you allright russ, haven't heard from you for a while. still aint got my pc working right so cant record, upload to myspace or google chat.

bummer

will keep trying though

Phill Williams wrote:

it was great to see Wales beat Italy yesterday. and also England beat France today. it's a great day for British rugby. hoping Wales can take the championship next week, thanks to England tiring the French out.

Hi phil, I was watching the sevens rugby and it is alot like our football,it has dissapered from our sports channels,I have been mad since that happened as I was really starting too get into it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The sevens is just a bit of fun, although it`s going to be in the next Olympics.

The King Of Audio Torture

Brilliant win for England in Paris. Heart and determination are two words that spring to mind.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

easybeat wrote:

The sevens is just a bit of fun, although it`s going to be in the next Olympics.

I did not know that,thanks,I saw a movie awile back that had south africa and other teams playing each other,looked alot like our football. Do you know of any websites I could go to too watch the games?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Im doing well my friend been busy rehearsing and playing chess I did come up with a few ideas musically and lyricly we are doing original material along with a few cover songs so thats were my focus is at the present hope all is well with you smile

Phill Williams wrote:

you allright russ, haven't heard from you for a while. still aint got my pc working right so cant record, upload to myspace or google chat.

bummer

will keep trying though

yeah , i think the movie you saw was the Clint Eastwood one. Invictus stared Matt Damon.
It was about the world cup final, told from the South Africian viewpoint.
New Zealand  say they where poisioned before the final,this was not mentioned in the movie
as it was about Nelson Mandela & South Africian rugby.
interesting to see so many NZ players throwing up on the field.
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/rugby.html

Rugby reminds me of football without all the protective equipment.With elements of soccer.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Rugby reminds me of football without all the protective equipment.With elements of soccer.

The average rugby player is giving up about four inches in height and forty lbs of muscle against your average NFL player, though, and the NFL guys are just as fast.   Rugby is a physical game, but the hits aren't anywhere near what you see in the NFL, or even the NHL where the speed is nuts.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

12 (edited by dino48 2012-03-12 17:52:17)

easybeat wrote:

yeah , i think the movie you saw was the Clint Eastwood one. Invictus stared Matt Damon.
It was about the world cup final, told from the South Africian viewpoint.
New Zealand  say they where poisioned before the final,this was not mentioned in the movie
as it was about Nelson Mandela & South Africian rugby.
interesting to see so many NZ players throwing up on the field.
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/rugby.html

Yes that was the movie,I do not know what was going on politicly,but I will say you are right there are two sides too every story,it was a good movie. I would just like too see some more playing,I think our football might have its beginnings from this sport. Thank you for the web link !!!

Looks like the wooden spoon for Scotland this year sad

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

hi dino, all the football games had their roots in a street game that was played by all the men from one village against all the men from the next, the object was to get (i think) a pigs bladder to the other side of the village. there were many injuries and sometimes deaths and a lot of fighting. from this i believe soccer came into being. then during a game in the high school named RUGBY someone picked up the ball and the game came into being. i think it's the same guy who then took the game to ireland, australia then america, giving each their own rules. there is also two similar yet different rugby disciplines, union and league. in the UK league is played mainly in the north of england, whereas union is played mainly down south, and of-course in wales scotland and ireland, where each also has a league side. league is also a big game in new zealand and australia.

the main differences between rugby and american football, is that you are only allowed to tackle the man holding the ball, when you have a touch down in rugby, you actually have to touch the ball to the ground. if a substitution occurs that player stays on, in football i believe that players are put on for certain plays then taken off till the next play. and of-course you play the 40 minutes of each half without stopping for commercial breaks or time-outs. you dont just need to be super fit but also have stamina.

hey russ, did i read right are you putting a band together? if so tell me more

phill

Dino, i see you are from California, the Eagles(usa) rugby team is in the the world sevens competition.
don`t know if you realise this, as i don`t think they get much media,
Your team is getting stronger every year and now ranked in the top 10.
One of the rounds every year,  in the comp is in Las Vegas.

Phill I uploaded this video to facebook and Youtube this is the first time we tried this song smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-eE74f … l5LjQepNk=

I was initially excited because I thought this thread was about soccer. I haven't napped so good since the World Cup was being televised. Alas, rugby is rarely shown here in the US - It used to be shown on ESPN during their early years, but apparently bowling and ladies billiards even draws a larger audience.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

hey russ, not bad my man, a lefty singing drummer...gorra be a winner, cant wait to hear more, some originals would be nice.

phill

Phill Williams wrote:

hi dino, all the football games had their roots in a street game that was played by all the men from one village against all the men from the next, the object was to get (i think) a pigs bladder to the other side of the village. there were many injuries and sometimes deaths and a lot of fighting. from this i believe soccer came into being. then during a game in the high school named RUGBY someone picked up the ball and the game came into being. i think it's the same guy who then took the game to ireland, australia then america, giving each their own rules. there is also two similar yet different rugby disciplines, union and league. in the UK league is played mainly in the north of england, whereas union is played mainly down south, and of-course in wales scotland and ireland, where each also has a league side. league is also a big game in new zealand and australia.

the main differences between rugby and american football, is that you are only allowed to tackle the man holding the ball, when you have a touch down in rugby, you actually have to touch the ball to the ground. if a substitution occurs that player stays on, in football i believe that players are put on for certain plays then taken off till the next play. and of-course you play the 40 minutes of each half without stopping for commercial breaks or time-outs. you dont just need to be super fit but also have stamina.

Thanks for the input phil,I can see a big differance between the sevens, as they go by seven for players play time,two halftimes,I see alot of differance. Those guys must put on alot of miles running fo so long!!

topdown wrote:

I was initially excited because I thought this thread was about soccer. I haven't napped so good since the World Cup was being televised.

It's only funny 'cause it's true!

Iománaíocht is the greatest game ever invented, though.  Combat golf!

combat golf? do you use paint balls instead of golf balls?

No, you use a baseball bat with a wooden axe on the end of it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2774253317_7dbbc77fe5.jpg

Combat golf,never heard of it! Is it real,or somewhere in the same area as guitarpix's underwater firefighter?

In the Queen's English, it's called Hurling.   It's played in Ireland almost exclusively, and is the fastest game you'll see on a standard pitch.