Topic: More family jams this weekend

I'm heading up to spend the day with my Dad on Saturday and will be hanging out with my sister (the one to whom I gave the guitar at Christmas) and brother-in-law Friday evening, and probably Saturday evening too.  Pollen has got me so congested I can't sing worth a hoot (as if I could anyway) but I'll be giving it a try.  Lots of peppermint tea with honey, water, and/or ginger ale will be in order to sooth what ails me.  Sis and B-I-L aren't drinkers, so none of my usual 'lubricant.'  I wouldn't want to insult their hospitality by breaking the house rules. 

Anyway, the new guitar has electronics in it, and I'll be taking a mic.  B-I-L has a studio set up in their basement, so we should be good and loud.  Or loud at the very least.  What we used to say in orchestra was "when in doubt, play loud", and I have a lot of doubts. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: More family jams this weekend

Sounds like fun. Is your sister still playing guitar?

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Zurf..  must be the weekend for family jams..  I too am heading home..  Massachusetts.. for a family visit..  Which always includes a jam with my brother and his bandmates..  can't wait.  Enjoy!
Deb

Old beekeepers swear that honey from the pollen in plants that grow near where you live will ease hay fever and the like.  trick of course is finding your local apiery......

My ambition far exceeds my ability

patrickthered wrote:

Old beekeepers swear that honey from the pollen in plants that grow near where you live will ease hay fever and the like.  trick of course is finding your local apiery......

I heard that from an old girlfriend's mother, who was a beekeeper.  She kept me well-stocked in honey and it didn't work, but there is the strong likelihood that she poisoned it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I heard we need to mix the honey with whiskey. Whaddya think?

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Honey and vinager are what alot of profesonal singers use to sooth throuts and clear out the passages,I think the whisky would work as well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I've always felt better after eating my honey ..................

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I prefer Toots & Dino's remedy, but without the honey...............hic!

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

DE!  LOL!

Us singers used to use hot water with lemon and honey... but that was when I was younger.  Maybe adding in some brandy and tea to make it a hot totty would work even better now that I'm an adult.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Have a great time, Mr Z! I'm beginning to suspect why DE is so named...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Folks, on the TV. a couple days ago an Alergist speaking on alergies and such said the local honey use to prevent this a fable.   b