Topic: My brother's home from college . . .

and that means I get to play his Martin! You know college students, they sleep like logs. And that allows me to sneak in his room, grab his guitar case, and sneak away with it . . . . but where to? The kitchen? No, Mom's listening to NPR. Living room? No, Dad's reading the paper. Basement? No, little brother's playing video games. Front Porch! Just me and daffodils, who bob their heads like an audience. Dad comes out, "Hey, your finger picking is getting good." I grin like fool. "Does Henry know you're playing his guitar?" he asks. "Um . . ." I mouth idiotically. "I won't tell," says Dad, "just be careful with it."  "Ok!" I reply. The Martin booms and rumbles against my body--it's like having a living thing on your lap. Today is going to be a good day.

Re: My brother's home from college . . .

Goog for you!  Keep it up and maybe you can have one of those Martin's for your very own.  I love playing outside on the porch so much that we are going to build a huge 20' X 20" screened enclosed back porch overlooking the woods to enjoy!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Lucky You! Play as much as you can. Maybe he'll recognize your zeal and talent and offer to trade for a while?

Lucky you! You write really well, M.B. - that was like a really short short story! You should turn that into a song...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Yep, Martins need to be played.  If he is sleeping, then you owe it to him to keep the Martin singing.  Keep it up.  Everybody wins.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

What you do is don't scratch it or drop it or leave any evidence you played it. You should level with your bro and get his permission too play it when he is around in the beginning.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I am sure if you look after it big bro will not mind. However if he is listening to you playing make sure you play it worse than he does, you do not want to upset him lol.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I forgot that one Roger.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

And keep writing too smile

Thanks for your words of advice everyone. Eventually Henry woke up and got a cup of coffee and came out to the porch. He plays a lot better than me. That's why I've got a second hand Ovation/Applause and he's got a Martin. But I got to play him a song I wrote called "Just a Young Cowboy." He liked it! So I told I would learn how to format it and put it on the forum.

Why should he get mad,if you are careful and using it for it`s intended purpose. My teenage daughter is welcome to use any of my equipment whenever she wants.As long as she is careful,I don`t mind

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

That's right... Martin's can't just sit there unplayed.  They need to get out and get fresh air just like the rest of us!  Glad to hear your bro wasn't upset.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.