Topic: GAS developing

I went into a local pawnshop with my nephew the other day, and spied a 1958 Hofner arch-top acoustic, in very good condition, looks all original. I am not an expert in Hofner acoustic guitars. Anybody know its value? They're asking 800 smacks, so before I get my wife mad at me again, I need to know if this price is reasonable. It is a beautiful guitar, plays well, straight neck, etc.
Any input?

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Re: GAS developing

What a coincidence, I stopped in at a pawn shop Friday afternoon and spotted a Hofner hanging on the wall. It had a nice mellow sound. They also had a squier strat that caught my eye.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

What were they asking for the Hoffner? Was it an archtop acoustic?

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

It was'nt an archtop. I did'nt even pay attention to the price tag, I've got my heart set on a 12 string and every so often I stop in and look.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I`m feeling a case of GAS coming. I`m taking the trout to Moody St. in Waltham today. It is a tradition to stop at guitar center in Natick on the way home. It`s like a candy or toy store to a kid. Wish me luck.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.