Topic: Skype Jam tonight 4/5/12?

I can host if anybody's interested. 7 pm eastern? Post if you can join in!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Skype Jam tonight 4/5/12?

I'm interested.  We've got some friends in town, but I don't think we have any plans with them as we saw them today already and there's a list of other folks for them to visit while they're here. 

No new songs.  It's been a busy week. 

EDIT TO ADD: I'll have my usual Daddy Duties, but the kids are on Spring Break so it won't be quite so early in the evening. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

As much as I would love to join, tomorrow night is opening night for our local AAA baseball team (Columbus Clippers ) and we have very good seats.  My sons and I are kind of sports nuts and we do a lot of this type thing throughout the year.  I did go and sit in with a local band on Monday night and got to play along and learned a bunch in a few short hours.  They were kind of having a memorial for one of their own who passed away last week.  I didn't realize until I got there that they expected me to be the singer for the evening.  My buddy says they were auditioning me!  LOL  Have fun all tomorrow night.  I will catch up with you one of these sessions.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

It will be rather late for me but I will try to join you for a while.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

sad  So sad, I have to work.  It's some additional training that we're doing, I'm not taking phone calls.  The worst part is, I sat there for FOUR HOURS yesterday waiting for other people in the class to catch up.  It took them four hours to do what I did in 5 minutes.  sad  You might see me on Skype, but I won't be able to answer.  On the other hand, maybe I will chat with you all a little while you're playing if I'm just sitting there again tonight like I was last night.  Keep your chat open!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Just bumping to see if there is any additional interest. Looks like me, Zurf and Roger so far.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sorry I did not make it. I sat down after the Rock Choir meeting and I fell asleep - probably as my new kitten, Silkie, had woke me in the early hours of the night before playing with a mouse on my bed.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

It turned out to be theme night.  Pete Benson joined for a while.  There were Jimmy Buffett tunes, then Hank (Jr. also accepted) tunes, then drinking songs, then more Jimmy Buffett, then depressing songs, then old-timey country songs, then songs we each do but do differently. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I tried to see if I could open the chat up... but I did it wrong.  I should have joined the call with no video and audio to chat - but I couldn't do that as I was already on a call.  I was sitting there going... "I can see they're still on, but I can't do anything.  I'd rather be on that call than this one"  sad  I guess I could have chatted with each of you individually, but I didn't want to distrub your playing and jam.  NEXT WEEK I'll be there!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.