Topic: "Polk Salad Annie" goes mainstream?!

l never thought I's see this:

http://music.yahoo.com/programs/ram-cou … 86023.html

Re: "Polk Salad Annie" goes mainstream?!

I forgot what a great song that is until now. Especially the original. Havent heard in years

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

He is doing a nice job of it but Tony Joe Whites ,got the deep bass vocal that is hard to beat.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Casey is one of the coolest and laid back people I have ever met.  When He still lived in Cool Tx, He would play teh bars and the coffee shop in my town, (Mineral Wells).  My youngest son would sit on a stool right near him and Casey would talk to him all the time. In my sons opinion they were "tight" LOLOL

He is so taleted I am happy to see him getting well deserved attention.  His New CD is pretty good too,, Was hoping for more heavy blues like his band from home ,,,,but ... Its still got some really good stuff on it!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

That song brings back a lot of memories for me.  I've always liked it.  And he does a great version of it.  He was on Idol or Americas got Talent a year or two ago.  I really like his style.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I enjoyed this version of an old number. A real foot tapper.
The drummer played his bass drum with his heel, never seen this before.

All the best
Bushy

Not one drop of my self worth depends on your acceptance of me.
"Quincy Jones"

He was on Idol, I think he was the one that was in a motorcycle accident and broke both of his arms so severely that the doctors said he would never play guitar again. I guess he proved them wrong!!!!

8 (edited by easybeat 2012-04-24 00:11:44)

Gidday,

What is that chord the guy is using in the riff in the middle of the song? Is it E?
i can`t see as the site keeps crashing on me.

thanx

The King Of Audio Torture