Topic: not a music topic

I just have to say that I took the kids to se THE AVENGERS saturday night,  MAN WAS THAT A GREAT MOVIE! 

( It was even better after the  Deputy sheriff told the lady with 2 small kids that they needed to leave the movie)

OK, just felt like mentioning it, if you happened to miss all the news about how it shattered records.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: not a music topic

I just got home from seeing it myself.  I agree - really good.  Some laugh out loud moments which I didn't expect.

However, I realized that I was missing some back stories.  So if you haven't seen Iron Man, Thor, Captain America (which is the one I missed), and probably some other ones, you might want to check them out first.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Well untill the back stories for Black Widdow and Archer,, I had never read much of their series in pulp.  But the rest of the guys I know pretty well.  He!! they were my best friends as a kid LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Back stories?!?! Did you not read comics as a kid?

My son wanted to see it but did not want to go alone. He paid my way! Good movie!

bunbun wrote:

Back stories?!?! Did you not read comics as a kid?

I was more of a DC guy (Batman, Superman, etc.).

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I was in Orlando most of last week, and my wife texted me.  All it said was "Can we see Avengers when you get back?"

Which is odd, because I had to drag her to Iron Man, and saw Hulk and Thor on my own because she hates them movies (preferring ones with kissing and love and stuff.)

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

now she wants to just see what all the talk is about.

There was kissing and love and stuff in The Hulk.  There was lust in Iron Man, but action upon it was limited by the PG-13 rating.  And Thor, well, as a former hobbyist researcher of Norse mythology (I taught myself to read old Norse language so that I could get access to some reproductions of 14th century texts - if that's serious enough for you), I had some problems with it.  It's too cool to be atheist to allow even an ancient unpracticed religion to get air time I guess.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thor was a much better movie than I thought it was going to be.  An I dont think any of his fans were worried about the religion aspect.  It didn't occure to me as a kid at all.  Yea there were GODs,, but hey I knew itwas mythology and sooo cool at the same time.

You also had "Dr. Strange" practioner of the mystic arts, and that along with Vampires is pretty trendy now.  But I didnt get into him too much.,,, shhhhhh dont tell FOX or they might try a sH!tty series on it too  roll

Zurf wrote:

I taught myself to read old Norse language . . .

THAT is impressive.  I wouldn't think you'd get much use out of that skill, but it's a skill nonetheless.

I thought Thor was a pretty good movie, too, all things considered.  In fact, individually I liked all of the Marvel movies I've seen. The only one I haven't seen is Captain America.

But I just got back from the Avengers, and I have to say, in all honesty I was kind of disappointed.  I suppose its because it mashes up the mystical Thor/Loki magic stuff with the pretty straightforward hard science fiction of Iron Man, and that kind of mixing always bugs me.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

My 6 year old and I absolutely loved this movie ! He wore his Captain America mask and brought his shield (great for sharing popcorn). He asked me if we could stay and watch it again, and again, until it's time to go to sleep. We tried but the ushers busted us :C

The Hulk was the star of the show, in my opinion, mainly due to what he said and did to Thor (I won't give it away). A must see for all ages !

Give everything but up.

beamer wrote:

Well untill the back stories for Black Widdow and Archer,, I had never read much of their series in pulp.  But the rest of the guys I know pretty well.  He!! they were my best friends as a kid LOLOLOL

Black widow and Hawkeye backstories are in the iron man movies.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

beamer wrote:

Thor was a much better movie than I thought it was going to be.

You ain't kidding!

Kat Dennings

AND

Natalie Portman

IN ONE MOVIE!!!

I'm surprised the world didn't implode.

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Saw it last Saturday night, at my wife's insistence. I laffed my guts out, but found the "3-D' a little annoying (I always do)

Funniest sequence was the Hulk and Thor. I almost wet my pants!

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"