1 (edited by madhat 2007-05-14 23:15:02)

Topic: I have a suggestion that may be useful.

First off, I have to say I absolutely love this site.  Thanks for making such a fantastic resource free.  The chord transposer is just beyond useful.   Anyway, my post has something to do with the transposer in kind of a weird way.  Generally, when I look up a song I will transpose it to a few different tunings to see what one fits my voice the best, then I will add it to my songbook.  Well, here is the suggestion.

Sometimes, after adding the song to the songbook, I will decide that another tuning actually works a bit better.  My suggestion is to add a button that allows you to "Update song with current tuning".  I think this would be extremely useful.

Thanks, and keep up the FANTASTIC work.

Re: I have a suggestion that may be useful.

hi and welcome to the chordie forum and site

I agree with what you say. A few times I have done what you have just described.
I had to delete it out my songbook then go to the song, transpose it agan into a differet tuning then add it again. What you suggest would be very useful for people like me that cannot make their minds up first time,lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

It is a good idea. I will look at it.

This is now implemented. If you go to a song in your songbook, the tuning will automatically be updated if you change it.

Holy snappins..  thanks a lot smile