Topic: Back from the Great White North

The Mrs. and I just got back from 3 weeks in Temagami, camping and fishing.

The about and hour before we left home, my friend dropped by and gave me my newest guitar - a Martin D-35 with the Fishman matrix infinity pickups. It went with with us. He gave it to me as a gift - WOW! It sure is nice to have friends. Steve and I have done a number of gigs together. He plays a D-45V, an amazing instrument.

Working on pics, be patient.

Anyway, we be back, and I hope will be able to do a little more posting...

Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Re: Back from the Great White North

yes, we'd sure like to see it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The pickups are amazing. Through a regular amp, sounds like it's miked through a PA, full acoustic sound.
I have to get my wife to help me download a photo or two, because I am useless at computer stuff. I will try for this afternoon sometime.

Nice gift, though...

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"

I guess you could say it has a Fisherman pickup. I couldn`t resist that one

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

lucky guy,wish I had friends that would give me a martin guitar.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

6 (edited by zguitar 2012-07-21 19:40:40)

Wow, and that's from a friend. Naolslager only got his brother a cheapo Seagull. Now I want to be your friend or your friend's friend instead of Naol's brother. lol

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Z! 

Happy NGD (a little late) Whitewater!  That is awesome.  A friend handing out Martins.  Amazing!  Keep that guy around and make sure you get in his will.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I promise pics on the weekend - I will have the camera and cable and download figured out by Saturday night. Once I re-read the picture posting sticky, I will give it a whirl.

I have had the guitar one month, and I swear my playing has improved, immensely. It is my first Martin, and I cannot believe the playability and quick action and most of all the enormous tone. It is a joy to play. My other guitars haven't been touched since I got it.

Does every new Martin owner feel their playing improve that quickly?

Randy

Randy - I found that the action on my new Martin was an amazing help - as well as the general comfort in the neck.  Yes, I think the comfort level of the Martin does help to improve our playing.  On the other hand, my Martin has also shown me how I need to fret better as the action is low, so does the buzzing from poor fretting become much easier.  sad  So it's been a bit of a double edged sword for me.  On the other hand, I figure it's teaching me a LOT at the same time.  I do litterally kiss and hug my Martin.  I believe the tone is the very best part of all.  It's part of my family now.  smile  Enjoy!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.