1 (edited by naolslager 2012-07-29 18:19:23)

Topic: In Case You Are Curious?

Me posing for an "S6" photograph exchange with my brother. My daughter refused to use the flash so my face is shadowed. This is probably a good thing since I've been told i have a face for radio.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-73Jmjh7bTZQ/UBSE_dRd6II/AAAAAAAAEX0/m4FhNmFvPRk/s640/IMG_0129.JPG

Here's a self-portrait of me warming up my Recording King RP-06 for my next trip to Europe. (I leave Monday.) As I've mentioned this guitar is my "travel guitar". I've got it tuned down a half step and it just rumbles. I love it.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bH9om-XikL8/UBSE0MqpnYI/AAAAAAAAEXs/8zQ00jpCduI/s576/IMG_0137.JPG

Re: In Case You Are Curious?

Good pics nao,nice too match the face too the person.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Not too scary looking to me.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Where are you flying?  I'm leaving for Europe on Monday, too.  Flying into Amsterdam and then Dublin.

No guitars, though.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

5 (edited by naolslager 2012-07-29 11:47:43)

Jerome,
I fly through Amsterdam often. In fact I was there last month, missed my connection and was able to spend several hours walking the streets of Amsterdam. It is on the list!

For this trip, I fly through Istanbul, and then to (the other) Georgia. The return trip has me traipsing through Munich.
dj

p.s. Looking at these photographs the "travel guitar" doesn't seem much smaller than any other.

Munich is nice.  Have a beer for me if you have time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My old profile got deleted for some reason. Now I'm M.B.two! Anyway, cool pics, nao! I like your guitars. Are you sitting in front of a castle in the first picture??!!

Did you say "castle"? This is the Narikala Fortress in Tbilisi, Georgia. The legend it this was the original city walls. The church was added within the last 50 years or so.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xzOmazXI9G4/UBV-oECFb3I/AAAAAAAAEYI/e30C9Cro-so/s640/DSC00939.JPG

M.B.two wrote:

My old profile got deleted for some reason. Now I'm M.B.two! Anyway, cool pics, nao! I like your guitars. Are you sitting in front of a castle in the first picture??!!

Hi mb,you should report that too the admin,I guess thats why we have not seen you in awile.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
M.B.two wrote:

Hi mb,you should report that too the admin,I guess thats why we have not seen you in awile.

Yeah, it took awhile to figure out how to report it, but I finally did. Even after I got a new account, the site was logging me in. Oh well.

Just back from the other Georgia. I took my little RK along for the ride. No issues having it as a second piece of carry-on luggage. It fits in all the overhead bins and sustained no damage despite being protected only by a thin gig bag. Glad I took it as it is comforting to have in my hotel room. It makes it feel more like home while making me feel like Bono or something as I traverse the airports, etc.

I have several friends in Georgia and I seriously considered gifting this guitar to one of them but ultimately decided not to. I was worried this gift would be considered too nice and would cause him to feel obligated to give me something in return.
dj

bensonp wrote:

Pete,
I had two beers for you while in Munich!
dj

Hey naoy-kablaoey,

How many miles do you travel in a year?

naolslager wrote:
bensonp wrote:

Pete,
I had two beers for you while in Munich!
dj

Two is not nearly enough but I appreciate it.  They have good beer. Thanks buddy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

15 (edited by naolslager 2012-08-07 02:51:59)

M.B.two wrote:

Hey naoy-kablaoey,

How many miles do you travel in a year?

MB,
I cross the Atlantic Ocean about six times a year. so far this year I think I've flown 50k miles or so. Today was my first day back in the office, i looked at my calendar and I have about five more trips to Europe between now and November. While I like traveling, flying has become the worst part.
dj

Very nice pics, Nao! Do you ever get to the UK?

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

Very nice pics, Nao! Do you ever get to the UK?

Unfortunately I don't get to the U.K. I would love to though.

The U.S. and U.K, two countries separated by a common language!

Exactly. I have a friend nearby who's from Seattle - I enjoy correcting her English on Facebook. She's a good sport!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Heading to Stuttgart, Germany on Monday.

Good pics Nao..  guitars looking good too..  I was wondering.. when any of us picks up a guitar, what is the first chord you strum to see what it sounds like..??  For me, its a E chord.  Looks like you're playing an E chord as well.  Just curious..  doesn't matter what guitar I pick up, its always tested with an E
Safe travels   
Deb

E or D for me.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

G

Almost always a "G" chord. Four fingers and six strings! "E" seems to have more "meat" to it but the "G" just flows right out there and wraps around me like a warm blanket.

I just have to hit the E5 power chord (7th frett) on all guitars no matter what they are.  then Ill do a D C G for opens.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It looks to me like I'm "playing" a Cadd9 in both photos? I really wasn't playing anything just posing but I wanted it to look realistic. You can always tell when someone doesn't really play the guitar. There fretting hand looks lost and uncomfortable.