Topic: Music organization

How do you all have your music organized on your computer?

At present I have folders for each artist if I have 5 or more songs by them. The rest is just in a folder by itself. It takes forever to look thru this folder. Need a better way.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Music organization

Organized?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Computer?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Ill print stuff and put it in a BIG BINDER alphabetically.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

jerome.oneil wrote:

Organized?

I agree with Jerome.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

As much as I try to keep my songs organized, it just seems to get away from me over time.  I think about it often, about going through it and restructuring everything, then I get over it fast and just move on.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I use evernote premium and attach them as word docs. That way they automatically sync to all my devices and I'm ready for a jam ANYWHERE. Dangerous. smile

My bad, I was thinking Mp3's, not sheet music.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 5 folders under one big one. main one is called ALT music file.  one file is all the stuff I have bought as direct down loads, another one is a file of music all from one guy at work and so is another file. ect.
As far as organizing it,,, I let Windows Media player find all and take care of it.   I used to use media monkey,, but then they went and "upgraded" to a version that might as well be I-tunes. (I hate I tunes) and so I have been forced to go back to WMP.  But shoot, even in your files all the albums /grupes will have their own file and all be alphabitized.  If you have tones of loose mp3s WMP or a program like it might be your best bet.  you might likethe new media monkey its free for basic.   and while looking I saw one called song bird that looks like media monkey USED to look like. I think ill try that one tonight big_smile  ok I hope this helps

10 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-08-29 08:41:23)

I print it. 3 hole punch it and put it in binders. 5 binders. 3 for A-Z.With those dividers that have the letters so I can get to them quick. One for complete albums and one for Beatles. Saves a lot on books.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

beamer wrote:

Ill print stuff and put it in a BIG BINDER alphabetically.

DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too - I usually play at informal gatherings where the the ole ringbinder with printed off music from chordie is king!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"