Topic: Holliday weekend

What do you guys have on the sked?

Sat the family are going to see a Coll football game (Hardin–Simmons University Tx)  My daughters BF is one of the few Freshman who made the varcity team.  So we going to watch him get tossed around! big_smile

Sun and monday,,, I got a date with a 73 Super Beatle LOLOL gonna be a BONDO and ORBITAL SANDER king! lololol

Would like to fit in some skype either evening if possible.   

Have fun and be safe out there!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Holliday weekend

doing some visiting and bbq,and watching any football on tv. I envy you having a 73 Bug,I love old VW car's and working on cars period ( I have had 4 old vw's I have a great time driving them).

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

doing some visiting and bbq,and watching any football on tv. I envy you having a 73 Bug,I love old VW car's and working on cars period ( I have had 4 old vw's I have a great time driving them).

Jet out here and help me! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

I'm hoping to do some fishing one morning, probably Saturday.  Other than that, yard work, cocktails on the patio, chilling out kind of stuff.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Work.  They managed to, at the last minute, schedule us for yet again additional training from noon on Mon-Thurs.  I would have worked the evenings anyhow (and will all weekend), but ... ya know... I love the company I work for (NOT).  sigh.  ENJOY your Holiday guys!!!!  At least Jim's got Labor Day off (YAY UNION) so he can hang with the kids Monday.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

beamer wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Love too beamer,but I would have to rob my Martin guitar money too do that!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I've never liked fighting crowds over the holidays so I'll spend Friday night and Saturday at home watching college football, attend a friend's birthday party Saturday night, attend my bro-in-law's annual Labor Day cookout on Sunday, chill out at home on Monday then spend Tuesday-Thursday on a fishing trip in WV with my son and one of my old paddling friends.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

dino48 wrote:
beamer wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Love too beamer,but I would have to rob my Martin guitar money too do that!!

Well we cant have that now can we???:lol:

Got any pictures you can send of what you have done to yours in the past?

Dirty Ed wrote:

I've never liked fighting crowds over the holidays so I'll spend Friday night and Saturday at home watching college football, attend a friend's birthday party Saturday night, attend my bro-in-law's annual Labor Day cookout on Sunday, chill out at home on Monday then spend Tuesday-Thursday on a fishing trip in WV with my son and one of my old paddling friends.

Where in WV?  I was born there and lived there till I was 15.

beamer wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

In the McCreary area near Beckley.  We plan to camp on the New River where Glade Creek runs in and float down to McCreary each day.

What area in WV did you live?  I've spent a lot of time on the New, Gauley, Cheat, Bluestone and Greenbriar rivers over the last 35 years.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I dont plan much,if the weathers nice I like to go to the lake and pick some guitar.I remember when I was younger and the family was still around we would get together for dinner and play sheepshead an old German game my mom rest her soul was unbeatable she always knew what cards I was holding and kept track of the points in her head and when she knew she had enough to win she would smile and thump the table with her elbow lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Just back ... the weekend was a bust -- just getting ready to go but when the riff raff got back for school we hit the road for Francois Lake, on the longest sockeye salmon run in the world.  Yeah,... no salmon but  as night took over I was sitting back by the fire, noodling along as the northern lights rolled across the sky.  Wow....  I love this place.

Doesn't sound like a bust to me.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Dirty Ed wrote:
beamer wrote:
Dirty Ed wrote:

In the McCreary area near Beckley.  We plan to camp on the New River where Glade Creek runs in and float down to McCreary each day.

What area in WV did you live?  I've spent a lot of time on the New, Gauley, Cheat, Bluestone and Greenbriar rivers over the last 35 years.

DE

Born in Elkins, Lived in Weirton for a while but spent most my life (5-15) in Huntington.  Spent massive amounts of time in Romney (down river rd. At Peterkin Conferance center) been to Beckley a few times and mom and dad are from Wheeling.