Topic: martin owners plese tell

I have been playing a jumbo body guild (F-50)for the past 30 some years. I tried a friends martin, it was really nice. I want to buy one. any advice would be appreciated. models ect.... and how do you like yours

what a long strange trip it's been

Re: martin owners plese tell

I have a DX-1(£425), it has like an "un-finished" finish with a red mottle scratch plate. The first thing I noticed about it was how gorgeous is sounded. It has a set of martin strings on it which seem to be harsh on the fingers, but I'm getting the action lowered on it in a week or so, so that'll probably help. It's basically a really tasty guitar. But you say your's is 30yrs old, surely that must sound pretty nice?

there is by no means anything wrong with my guild and I will hang on to it for life. It's just that there is this mystic if you will about owning a martin at least  among martin owners that I seem to keep hearing about. and the ones that I have tried all seem to live up to the hype.

heh tongue It does sounds so much better than anything I've ever played! But mines only a lower end martin really, have a look at the reviews for the DX-1, it tends to come out as being one of the best in it's class....and it's a Martin smile

Hello,I have a Martin HD 28 that is a great guitar,it was setup well and it sounds great,I spent 4 hours at the shop i bought it in playing,Gibsons, Taylors,Takamine,Alvarez Yairi and some I can't remember and I kept coming back to the Martin.I have a Yairi and a Takamine also but i was looking for a bigger boomier bottom  end and the Martin filled the bill.Thanks Wayne

Later, Wayne P

Try a Martin D-18, they're hard to find but worth the trouble.  It's a bit pricy as well.  The sound you get though is amazing and the guitar itself is beautiful. cool

patrick - if you don't want to break the bank, try the poor man's martin - the dsm can be had for under a grand - (not cheap in my book) -  mine is oh, so sweet and really booms the bass like they are famous for

Please talk slowly I don't hear good any more.

i have a martin DM -- spruce top(unfinished), composite sides and back.  amazing sound and feal for a less expensive guitar.  stands up well against the more expensive ones.

Had a chance to play a Martin DX-R1 on weekend. Loved the action and sound. Can't afford one so I'll stick to my little Fender.

Take Care ....Badeye.

one caper after another

while I would never (MARTIN) stoop to endorsing any one (MARTIN) brand over any (MARTIN) other, I must say that (MARTIN) my Martin is the only (MARTIN) guitar that has ever challenged my to do more, play better, and practice harder than any other (MARTIN) brand I own. I wish I could help.. but you have to chose your own (MARTIN).

Yo hewi, I really aprieciate your feed back on my (MARTIN) guitar question. I am saving my pennies and I look foward to having no opinion too. My mind is made up. I too will one day become a martin owner

I have a D35 and it just keeps getting better with age and daily playing. Having played for over 30 years and having owned tried most of the good acoustics, I have to admit the Martin still sounds the best Put it this way... once you have one you'll never go back.

I just got home from the guitar store with a brand new Martin D-42. I took my time ,did a lot of shopping around and I believe I made the right choice on make and model. This is my dream come true acoustic guitar

I've been playing my Martin D-41 for 15 years. I haven't played another acoustic guitar that reproduces the sound I want in an acoustic. The quality of workmanship and materials is the best in the world. As the saying goes, "it just like a good wine, it gets better with age", is apropro with my guitar.
I have been playing a few Taylors lately only because they have a dynamic voicing for amplifying the acoustic sound and they are the best craftsmen with their line. I will most likely get a 700 or 900 series.
Good luck.