Topic: Performers I did.....

not care for or listen too when I was younger. I have recently found some performers I really like alot now who I did not pay much attenion too when I was younger,like Tom Jones and Brenda Lee. anyone else have any thoughts on the same subject.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Performers I did.....

Michael Jackson- never was a fan when I was younger because he was played to death (excuse the pun) on commercial radio, but now I love playing is songs.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Arlo Guthrie. Used to only like  "coming into Los Angeles". Now I can appreciate his music more. It took 40 years. The title of this topic did make me snicker.Dirty mind I guess.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Growing up in London in the 70's when punk was the rage there were loads that I thought were just old hat, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, "Toilet Roll" Tom Jones to name but a few.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Yeah, that old style of singing where people actually sang rather than talked melodically has been catching my ear more and more.  Tony Bennett at whatever his age is still is vocalist royalty.  Norah Jones seems to be coming into her own in that style of clear, on-key, understated kind of singing.  Frank Sinatra too.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

For me it was more of a genre thing.  Growing up, I really did not like the blues at all.  Thought it was a simple, boring formula for music, and lyrically, it was lazy.

It wasn't until I started playing the guitar that I began to appreciate the blues.  It's still not my favorite type of music, but when played well, it's certainly not boring.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

When I was a kid, my dad listened to both kinds of music.   As a kid, of course I hated it.  Now that I am old and have turned into my old man, I can see the wisdom of his ways, and also prefer both kinds of music.

Country and punk.

(Dad was old school, and preferred the *other* two kinds of music.)

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I never "got" the Rolling Stones until 2 or 3 years ago then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Can't get enough now!

I grew up with Hank Williams music, and never really appreciated it. I rediscovered Hank about 20-25 years ago, and include a number of his songs in my gig nights. His genius is in his "complex" simplicity. I am awed by his songwriting.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"