1 (edited by rakuraku 2012-12-11 18:20:03)

Topic: yAmps...Line 6 Spider IV 15

Gidday,

Have the above Amp,hooked up to my Acoustic Guitar,s,But having a hard time trying to get a clean Guitar sound out of it(Brand New).Just cant to quite get the right settings.......any tips on the set up of this Amp much appreciated...havent used Amps really so its just a beginner thing I reckon.Trying to correlate the guitar setting with the settings on the amp....something always sounds out of whack.......any and all comments appreciated ...kia kaha

Sir Edmund Hillary - "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

Re: yAmps...Line 6 Spider IV 15

Without hearing it it's difficult to tell but could you be having a feedback problem? The Line 6 to my knowledge isn't an acoustic amp so may very well feedback when playing an acoustic through it, that's pretty much the only reason they make acoustic amps!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

3 (edited by rakuraku 2012-12-11 18:56:53)

yeah mate...I figured out the feedback issue...thats not much of a worry.....its trying to get that guitar sound with out an amp......and the same sound with the amp.....maybe thats just the way it is??

I think most of my issues are with the....Smart Control FX settings,and the TAP setting

Perhaps you could try playing in front of a microphone as opposed to direct input see if that helps. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

hi rakuraku,   have you got a volume control on your guitar? if so turn it down, you may also have tone controls? try playing with them till you get the sound you want. if you dont have either you could try buying a decent pick-up.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Put it on the clean channel, turn the "drive" all the way down, put all the EQ's knobs in the middle position, and turn the reverb and echo knobs to off.  Then turn the mid EQ down some.  Use the master to control your volume, and slowly adjust your reverb up.  Mix to taste.

This isn't a particularly good amp if you want acoustic tones, but you should be able to take out much of the modeling effects if you tweak it a bit.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Phil/Jerome..............well,took a crack at both of your suggestions and hearing better results already...the key seems to be turning all of the Guitar settings to their lowest...Would a agree that this is not the best Amp,but the price was right,.......before I get into anything a little more expensive......certainly appreciate the input given......always takes a little "direction" to figure some of these things out

8 (edited by beamer 2012-12-12 00:05:10)

I would suggest that your line 6 will be fine once you get fimiliar with it. all I have are electric amps and run my acoustics through them all the time.  My guitars do not have on bd electrics or eq.  what I find really nice is clean like Jerome said, with a hint of reverb and chorus.  flange  sounds real good too.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I would strongly agree with what Jerome said. I have a Fender Mustang and ended up taking eight of the channels, cleaning them up and then, on four, adding reverb. I then add or subtract other effects as needed.

Doing this has also allowed me to use my acoustic with the amp and getting a fairly good "acoustic" tone out of it.

wow...what a difference......bunbun...yeah mate...using the above setting,s from the previous posts,and working the preverb is the sound Im looking for....much cleaner sound with no feedback,and you can hear the strings that you play....thanks to all for the input...kia kaha

It is amazing what a touch of good 'verb will do, ain't it?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Gidday Rakuraku

Good to see another kiwi on chordie

The King Of Audio Torture

kia ora easybeat.....................the "bushbeat" is alive and well mate