Topic: Squire Telecaster

I think it looks cool but I want to know if it is a quality guitar.
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Re: Squire Telecaster

Squier (spelling ?) is an entry level guitar produced by fender.

I think that they are great guitars and good value especially for beginner

Telecasters are an earlier model than the strat, the main difference being they don't have a whammy bar and the electrics (the knobs)

If you like it - go for it

3 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-05-25 23:13:04)

Squire is the el cheapo versions of the fender line just check the price tag and you will see

what a long strange trip it's been

It is a good little guitar to learn on, but eventually you'll want more sound from it, but I wouldn't recommend spending much on upgrades, cause even if you put the most expensive electrics and pickups on it , it'll always be a Squire, meaning it's value will not really increase for you. Good luck ..Fiveo

FiveO wrote:

It is a good little guitar to learn on, but eventually you'll want more sound from it, but I wouldn't recommend spending much on upgrades, cause even if you put the most expensive electrics and pickups on it , it'll always be a Squire, meaning it's value will not really increase for you. Good luck ..Fiveo

Per Five-O statement above that is true for the newer Squires made in the recent past years. Also what he said about upgrades is also true and that is because of the materials of construction.  Alot of the newer squire bullet series guitars are laminates (basically plywood) so their is no tonal qualities to the laminates.  This does not hold true for the older Squire bullet series, I have two one a Japanese Strat bought in 1985 (Yeah I am one of the experienced on Chordie) it has a Mahogany body and a Chinese Strat that was given to me (did a nice refurbish job on it, cleaned up really well) it has an ash body.

As Johncross21: said it's a great first timer and won't break the bank. It all breaks down to the following.

#1, How much disposable income do you have.

#2, If you spend that money are you going to use the guitar or do you think it would be cool to own one because your friends do?

#3, Are you willing to practice so that you can be come proficient in your playing?

#4, You'll only get out of it what you put into it.

Go play a few different types and brands than make your decission. You'll be much happier once you tried a few and find what your comfortable playing.

Good luck,
Bootlegger.

Thanx
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Squiers are great learner guitars. One of the best on the market. Id go for a strat myself but its up to you.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

I have a squier tele, an I prefer it to the fender tele, i think the tones a little better.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

I was just wondering, because I have a Peavey Raptor EXP, and it has the body style of a strat. I was wondering if any other Fender copys were any good.
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

The Fender Strat is probly the most copied guitar in the world. Many of manufactures crank out quality copies and some dogs. It all depends on the materials and construction of the guitar. So to answer you question (short version answer) Yes.

Bootlegger.

What is the most high quality copy?
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

The one's made with either Alder or Swamp Ash bodies. The wood will make a difference in the tonal qualities of the guitar and if you would spend the extra money to hot rod it.

Bootlegger.

thanks
cool danspr

Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr