Topic: Tenement Funster

What part of Nova Scotia are you from???   I"m a  caper but live in the Annapolis Valley. 

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Re: Tenement Funster

Also in the Valley ... New Minas.

Cool. I live in Wilmot, 5 minutes from Greenwood.

badeye   cool

one caper after another

I am liking your taste in guitars, TF!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Norm the Guitar ... thanks for the kind words;

Nice to see a couple of other Canadian-mades from the Godin group getting good use. That little town of La Patrie, Quebec has certainly built an amazing reputation for quality luthiers! That Norman ST68 is a very sweet instrument .. do you like the electronics in it? And I must ask: how did they make their way across the Atlantic to the UK?

Badeye ...

Does Chuck still have his guitar shop open in Wilmot? I was last in a couple years ago, and even though his shop is "compact", he had some very nice quality instruments in there.

Well, there seem to be quite a few places selling Godin guitars over here, mostly S&P. Not sure on the history of my guitars, I got them both from eBay - a bit risky, but it turned out OK! The Norman is just acoustic, no electronics. I tend to play the S&P more, though. I also have a S&P SP6, which is an entry level model, which has the built in electronics, and sounds very good plugged in. I need to adjust the action, though, - it's a bit high. I also bought this secondhand - found it in a local classified ad for less than half the new price! What strings do you prefer? I've recently started using Ernie Ball Earthwood lights (11-52) and like them a lot.
I just looked up Larrivee on eBay and found a DV-09E for sale, not far from me! Do you know anything about this model? I looked on the Larrivee website, and can see a D-09E, but not a DV-09E...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Yes, Chuck

still in busuness,  his prices are a little high, but yes he has some oldies..

Long and MacQuade have a good selection..   

take care   badeye   cool

one caper after another