Topic: how many guitarplayers play acoustic, how many electric

I like to know how many people on this site play:
- only electric, or the 2 guitarkinds together
- only acoustic
I play about 80% acoustic and 20% electric, meaning that I have to put myself in the acoustic group. Even stranger is that I can blow everything away playing electric, because of the construction of my house, my neighbours live more than 50yards from my house

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: how many guitarplayers play acoustic, how many electric

I'm with you.  About 90% -10%.  (I play the electric bass more that the electric guitar. )  But my love is the acoustic.  I play a 12 string Yamaha.  I do have a pick up on it when I need more sound when playing with the group.  We play old country classics 95% of the time.

Mostly electric here, but I love to fingerpick on acoustic

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Mostly acoustic, when I visit my brother I fool around with his electric.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Electric 80% Acoustic 20%

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

Already nice, but I forgot 1 thing
- the ones playing acoustic to write a song, a minority starts composing immediatly on electric.
I exclude piano or synthezir

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

60% acoustic, 20% electric, 5%base, 5% drums ( Conga and full kit ), and I'm looking at violin for the missing 10% or so....where do I fit?

I realise already a longtime that, concerning songwriting, you have a lot of "things" you can use. I rememberd me one day, I think in a themapark, like DISNEY, I adored the noise of a little train, and just the rythm was so inspiring, that I went back on the same attraction (I have priority, because of being disabled after a car crash) and I recorded it with a cellphone, the rythm and because I had a good recording, I used it to "create" a song ON GUITAR.
But what I wanted to say, that I like to know more or less the % of using the electric or acoustic guitar to write a song. As I told, I have a big opportunity that I live and own a "STAND ALONE" house, and I am able to play VERY, VERY loud electric guitar. Being alone, not in a group, I use at what I call my electric period, a small device: a KORG PANDORA TONE WORKS PX4D for electric guitar, because getting a correct rytm, because you have a bass and drum loops, even more funny with all the possible guitareffects.
On the other hand: I love to sit in front of my PC, and like to play along with existing numbers, and just my acoustic guitar and me and chordie.

70% acoustic
30% electric

I, like phil, enjoy sitting in front of the comp teaching myself songs off chordie. (Although I'm also a fan of the print feature that prints out the song and ONLY the song) I also write most of my songs with my acoustic. Probably 80%-90% then I add in electric pieces after I finish the basics.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

Play electric and acoustic but usually practice on my electric because heavy strings make my fingers hurt (boo hoo)

Acoustic 100%
But if I visit someone and all there is around is an electric I'll play it. I've owned many Electric guitars in my younger years, a Telecaster, a Strat, a few cheap Les Paul knockoffs. I really miss the Telecaster.....maybe one day I will treat myself to another one.
Actullay my son is a drummer and he is now getting into older rock and maybe I will need an electric to jam with him.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

I tend to write a riff on the electric and then write a bass line. I tend only to use chords and an acoustic for slow ballads.

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

50/50

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

It depends on the song. If I write one that is going to be electric I write it on an electric if accoustic then I write on an accoustic. If mixed i write each on the appropriate instrument. as far as playing goes, I play whatever is handy if i'm away from mine. otherwise I just play on whichever one is appropriate for what I'm doing with the song.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

70% acoustic 30% electric

Guitarphil said...
But what I wanted to say, that I like to know more or less the % of using the electric or acoustic guitar to write a song.

When writing a song, its mood inspiration and something that cannot be defined...
Most of the time I write with my acoustic, not the fancy martin but the worthless Epiphone. I then use the Martin to trick it up. Sometimes I feel rebelious, and angry. That  is when the Les Paul comes out for the first stage...When I want the strings to growl instead of whisper.
Like your example, I have writen songs based on other things...I once wrote a blues song based on a trafic light.

Seriously.....:)

you are right, I didn't think on "the mood".
Sometimes when I feel down, I like to listen to mellow songs, like bee gees,(their harmony)cools me off, or metallica and stuff: no line. I have a lot of songs, none on paper, I should like to have a 10gig device as big as the biggest coin, you can stick on every guitar, the guitar takes the vibrations, you know that your riff 5' ago was the best, but.... difficult to play "that" riff again. If you have it you can save it on PC using a USB, and you need a program to change your notes into mp3 or wav

accoustic 30% guitar 70%

95% electric, 5% acoustic

Time to breed some hate!
- Alexi Laiho

For me, at home, it is 95% acoustic and 5% electric. Although I love playing my 'Mean Green Music Machine' electric it is so much easier to pick up my acoustic to play without having to wire up to the amp and then probably use headphones so as not to disturb the neighbours.

I tend to use my electric for 50% of the time when I am recording or gigging.

Writing songs is normally done 100% with the acoustic.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

There are of course other instruments to compose like piano. Someone wrote conga and drums, I like to know how this works in "musiclife". I did write too that you can be inspired by a lot of things, CONCERNING RYTHM, like sitting on the train, and try to remember this rythm and converting into a song.

acoustic only, thats because i don't even own an electric one. ithink the rest of the family would have to have cotton wool if i played electric, for their ears i mean, only live in a tiny house house!!

Hey Hopeful,

If I want to be real quiet I get out my electric guitar. Through the mixer and to headphones makes it quieter than my acoustic to everyone but me.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Roger,
that sounds good but it also sounds very technical to me. I'm a bit of a semi technophobe, i actually feel quite proud that i can use the computer and a mobile phone, i didn't know how to switch them on once!! Ah, yes i am a woman all though i know there are women that are very good, but not me ha, ha. Actually what is a mixer???

im going to be learning electric and then i can blast out ears with my high voltage....   i also want to learn disturbed and three days grace as well as some older bands like deep purple- and ac-dc

dont light yourself on fire... it kinda hurts.