Topic: Treble Bleed?

Anyone mess with treble bleeds on their guitars? I just had one changed out in my Tele...as a result, last night was one of the best practices I've had in a while. Huge tone difference!

Re: Treble Bleed?

Don't know what a "treble bleed" is BGD. Can you give a synopsis of what it is or does? Many thanks!

It's a capacitor or resistor (My knowledge of electronics is horrible) that keeps your equalization flat as you roll off the volume on your guitar. Lots of guitars get muddy or too bass-sounding when volume is low. A treble bleed stops that.

4 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-03-16 11:24:23)

Thanks, BGD ...

My amp has a "Treble Boost" knob in the Pedal Effects section, for which the level can be controlled as well as on/off with the foot switch. I expect it's something similar:

http://www.voxamps.com/images/valvetron … us_top.jpg

I've noticed that muddy effect when the guitar volume knobs are low, so usually lower the power output of the amp without cranking the actual guitar knobs down.

Ther following link explains what it is and also how to do it
http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips- … -controls/
Hope this helps

Tel

Yup that looks like it Tel!

7 (edited by Rocky90241 2013-05-04 16:51:57)

What is Treble Bleed?

drug and alcohol services

Rocky90241 wrote:

What is Treble Bleed?

If you look two posts before yours, Just Tel has a link to an explanation.

Roger

BTW Welcome to Chordie, Rocky.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

i've noticed for years that the tone muffles when the volume gets turned down. i just didn't realise it could be fixed. i've been using an FX pedal and used the volume pedal as and when required. i have to now more than ever as i also use a Digitec live vocalist on stage and that uses the guitar volume to set the harmony level on the out-put. but it's nice to know about such things for future reference.

so thanks phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hello Mate,

I never got any chance to mess with a treble bleed in most guitars. I am interested in electric scaling method for perfect and Treble Bleed.