Topic: No buck

Road my little mare yesterday and a little buck no buck to day I'm getting to old for bucking horses but it dose get the blood pumping

Let no talents go unused

Re: No buck

Why is she bucking? Sounds like she needs to go back into the training pen to get her head right.

cj-5 wrote:

Why is she bucking? Sounds like she needs to go back into the training pen to get her head right.

Long winter had knee surgery had not been touch since last summer

Let no talents go unused

Sounds like it was just excitement on her part at the prospect of going out with her dad after a long absence.

Rog

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

5 (edited by cj-5 2013-04-05 19:48:13)

Fire Art,

Been training horses most of my life. Performance stuff mostly. I specialized in starting young horses. I've trained everything from Warm bloods and quarter horses to Mustangs and just about everything in between, except Mules, donkeys, etc. I don't usually offer advice outside of an instructional setting or working one on one with someones horse, because I have found that people can be kinda sensitive about this subject, especially when it concerns their horse. However if you Would like some ideas for correcting this bucking behavior I would be happy to suggest a couple of things you can do.

But then, you know your horse better than I do. Maybe I'm reading too much into this. Anyway the offer stands.

She 9 years old ive owned her for three she has bucked the first ride all three years that I've owned her after the first trip not a boggle she a small high strung mare that was barn and kid soured when I got her. She 13 1/2 tall and will carry my 250 pound Frame in the mountains all day long I've packed elk and deer on her no problems. She not my favorite horses but I ride her half the time. My other horse is a 10 year old half shire and therobred I broke 3 years ago. She almost 16 hands tall. I love horses and all my riding is done in the mountains in Jackson wy

Let no talents go unused