1 (edited by zengalileo 2013-04-18 17:30:13)

Topic: Is it possible and allowed to publish one's own compositions here on c

This is such an excellent format I just want to say up front. The lyrics, with the chords right on top of the word the chords are played on. This is how all lyric and chord sheet music should be, and almost none of the other sites have it done just this way. Plus the ability to print out the sheet music at will without being charged is an absolute must.
   Now, another thing that would be real cool is if, instead of me always having to carry my thick song book full of several hundred of my own songs in them, and always risking losing my books, if I could transfer all of my personal compositions onto chordie.com, and even publish them and make them viewable and searchable to the public for free, that would be really awesome. It would take a lot of the anxiety away from me always worrying about me losing my sheet music.
   Is this possible ? If so, how do I do it?

Re: Is it possible and allowed to publish one's own compositions here on c

Chordie is a search engine not a host it locates songs hosted on other websites and lists them.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Like Russell said, it's a search engine.  So, to do what you're suggesting... well... would be a chore.  You would have to find a place to host your files and have them in the proper format for chordie to read them.  Then, you'd have to submit to the admin and he may or may not include all of them.  There is a program though for free that you can download and put your songs on (you'd have to format them properly).  Then at least you would have a computerized version.  I believe the program has apps for android and maybe ipads too.  There's a free version and a paid version.  If you are interested I can get the name of the program for you.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hey Zen,

Welcome to chordie. If you want to post your original songs we have a forum on chordie for songwriting that is used for people to post their own original compositions. This is separate from the regular chordie.com searchable artist songs, but your songs will be shared with the people like me who enjoy reading the new original material people share. You can also come back to the songwriting forum and get a copy of them. You can not use the songwriting forum to post other artist work, but it is good for posting your own material that you have the rights to and would like to share.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Replace your song books with Song Book from Linkesoft or Onsong and the chordpro format will remain the same.  I have all my songs on my Android phone and on my Ipad.  No more heavy binders.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

all of a sudden I can't remember how to post a new topic. Also, where is this "songwriter's forum?" How do I get there from here?

scroll down you will see it once your in the forums once you located the songwriting forum click on it and there is a "New Topic" button on the top right of your screen click on it and in the top bar write the name of the song they add any information in the large area below smile

zengalileo wrote:

all of a sudden I can't remember how to post a new topic. Also, where is this "songwriter's forum?" How do I get there from here?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

...........or if you are really struggling to find the Songwriting section then just click on this link: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=10

smile Roger smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"