Topic: another one died!

looks like we lost another guitarist/performer. Ritchie Havens from woodstock. He did Freedom on the acoustic. I enjoyed his performance.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: another one died!

I was never a fan. But it is sad to see another one die. It seems to be happening more frequently lately.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

one of my favourite moments on the  woodstock dvd when he does motherless child / freedom still watch it regularly even now , don`t know much of his other stuff but always sad to lose a performer ,thanks Ritchie r.i.p.

JJJ, yeah man, as you get older you see a lot of people and "names" you grew up with shuffle off this mortal coil. i'm scared that one morning i'll wake-up, look at the paper and see my name there. it will come to us all. sad about richie, i loved his interpretation of "lady madonna"

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

And now George Jones.  Johnny Cash once said, "If we could sing any way we wanted, we'd all sound like George Jones."  He had some problems, and he faced up to them.  Good for him.  May he rest in peace and God have mercy on his soul.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Its always sad to here of the old artists passing away.  I hadn't heard about George Jones yet.  That is sad.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My feeling is that you didn't have to like Country Music to like George Jones but if you like Country Music you had to like George Jones. He sang like he felt it. RIP

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

deadstring wrote:

My feeling is that you didn't have to like Country Music to like George Jones but if you like Country Music you had to like George Jones. He sang like he felt it. RIP

It's kind of neat seeing who has the "Holy Moley, I'm posing with George Jones!"   Even Brad Paisley and Merle Haggard each have one on their pages, and you can tell that each of them is more or less in awe.  And this isn't any young Merle Haggard either (if there ever was a young Merle Haggard).

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude