Topic: guitar programs

Is anyone using any of these guitar programs like guitar pro, guitar rig or any other.  If you are is there one program that is the best for a computer challenged guy like me.  I downloaded that guitar rig and I think you need to me an MIT graduate to work it.

Thoughts comments and advise needed.

Thanks

2 (edited by beamer 2013-05-21 02:06:44)

Re: guitar programs

Heck I have been toying with a few appson my kindel, but not really finding anything.  I think for your money and ease of use I would go with Rocksmith for PC.  Or if you have a PS3 or X Box.  http://www.amazon.com/Rocksmith-Guitar- … B004S5TDUQ  You can look up the YT vids for it.
My main attraction for it is not so much the song list, but the arcade.  The arcade makes praticing scales and finger excersizes fun and a game.  We all have to admit that doing these excersizes is boring and we would rather be playing songs. so when I get spare money free. I'm gonna load this up. Not to mention it teaches Bass also +++.  Which is cool too!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Heck I have been toying with a few appson my kindel, ...!

Hey Beamer -Do you think any of the apps out today are better than an actual live instructor? I'm skeptical and think it is pretty tough to recreate or automate the direct feed back that you can get from an actual guitarist who is able to watch and critiques technique.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Jets,
No. there is no  replacement for a live person.  I do think that the apps can keep most people from getting bored with praticing alone.  That is what the allure of the Rocksmith programe is.  it makes it fun.  I like to have personal interaction,everyone does.  As a student you want the guy to say  "Not bad, but if you hold your wrist this way..."  My 12yrold just restarted his lessons.  He could learn from You Tube, or the $30.00 set of DVDs I bought him, but its not the  same.   

As far as the apps I have played with, they are not great. one is a nice chord notebook.  show you chord charts. Its not bad.  one other shows you scales and plays a backing track, its ok but not for a beginner thats for sure.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Real people:  Accept no substitute.  smile

I think the best computer teaching aid I've ever seen is Apple's Garage Band lessons.  They have them for piano and guitar, and the lesson pace starts at "I've never done this before" to "how to play <genera of choice>."   I think the biggest problem with most of these apps is just exactly what Sat20 is finding.   You spend more time futzing with the computer than you do the guitar.

But if you are going to accept a substitute, don't use a computer, use a book.  Try this:  Buy a book.  Start on page 1.  Do not leave page 1 until you understand and can do everything on page 1.   Then move to page 2, and repeat that process.   You can sit on your couch and do this while watching TV.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

But if you are going to accept a substitute, don't use a computer, use a book.  Try this:  Buy a book.  Start on page 1.  Do not leave page 1 until you understand and can do everything on page 1.   Then move to page 2, and repeat that process.   You can sit on your couch and do this while watching TV.

Last time I tried that I sat on page 1 for 2 weeks. still didnt "get it",  asked a friend finally, took 15 min.  A live person is really a must.  The vids  by everyone we have all mentioned befor are the next best thing in my opinion.  As I said, Rocksmith is just a fun way to get over the usually boreing stuff.  Espicially when you can get the cheat codes to be able to go directly to the skills arcade lol (ask a kid how to find the cheat code to any game and he will get you there LOLOLOLOL)

beamer wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Last time I tried that I sat on page 1 for 2 weeks. still didnt "get it",  asked a friend finally, took 15 min.  A live person is really a must.  The vids  by everyone we have all mentioned befor are the next best thing in my opinion.  As I said, Rocksmith is just a fun way to get over the usually boreing stuff.  Espicially when you can get the cheat codes to be able to go directly to the skills arcade lol (ask a kid how to find the cheat code to any game and he will get you there LOLOLOLOL)

My guitar has a cheat code?   That is awesome.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:
beamer wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

My guitar has a cheat code?   That is awesome.  smile

Only if you have the game lol  Its kind of like that pic we had circulating around  of the Talent Simulator stomp box  LOLOLOL

You will be pleased to see that the range of pedals has been increased lol

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/bad-dog-cafe/125395d1335487551t-i-just-realized-major-reason-im-frustrated-drummers-image-1533288350-jpg
I particularly like the drummer silencer.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

You will be pleased to see that the range of pedals has been increased lol

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachments/ … 288350-jpg
I particularly like the drummer silencer.

Roger

Roger where can I buy one of these,I could use one!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman