Topic: Setting out new songbook on paper...

I really need to start working on a new repertoire, and need to get 30 or so songs down on paper. I usually get Mrs Norm to print them for me, but, tbh, they never quite work out how I want them! And I would rather not bother her, either! I'm no good with word-processing myself, unless there is a simple way to do it that I don't know of...
Just wondering if anyone has any good tips for laying out lyrics on paper? I need the words fairly big and bold, ideally, so I can read them without glasses (vanity rules), and double-spaced so I can write in the chords. So, most songs would spread over 2 sheets of paper, but that's OK. I may just write them out manually, but normal black biro/ballpoint pen is not thick enough to be legible in low light, so perhaps there is a better type of pen to use?
Thanking you all in advance...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Re: Setting out new songbook on paper...

Hey Paul - I have the time and don't mind doing it for you....Email coming.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Paul,

Examples of how I do it e-mailed to you as I cannot show them here.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I re-write all my songs and place them in my song book. I place the title and Key at the top of the page the start typing the song. I set everything to a single spacing when I begin typing the lyrics but double space each line. This allows me to go back after I have typed everything and the chords above the lyrics. By doing this it allows me to place the chords directly over the exact words where the chord change takes place. I can send you copies of what I am doing if you would like so yout can try it. I also find that this helps me learn the song better by doing all the typing myself. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Nela

Thanks for the tips, guys, and the e-mails! Jeff - I wouldn't want to put you to that much trouble. I was really just looking for tips on how to do it myself. But, if I can't work it out I'll get back to you!
This is so typical of Chordie - such great people on here!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I do it like Nella.  or I copy and paste then adjust with word.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

iPad is great for song books, so much better than carrying all that paper around with you.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

I have Songbook from Linkesoft on my IPAD, Android and pc and it allows me to keep everything straight. Even easy printing of songs for a notebook

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.