Topic: New album with my son

Haven't been on here for a while. Hope all is well.  My son and I are working on an album together.  I know it may sound corny but it is the R & B Everman album (Rich & Bart)!  The name of the album is "It's just a feeling".  We have three songs done and about to finish two more.  Why... because we both love music and playing!!!
We hope to do at least 16 if God willing and the creek don't rise!!  Have a listen if you wish.


http://richeverman.com/EMPC/itsjustafeeling.htm

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

Re: New album with my son

Just  been   listening  to your  tracks  Rich  ,Nice  feel  to them ,do  you  intend  to  play  live when they  are  finished ?

Re: New album with my son

Fantastic to be able to share the experience with your son. Please let us know when you have more track completed.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: New album with my son

Sounds great to me .

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: New album with my son

Grah1 wrote:

Just  been   listening  to your  tracks  Rich  ,Nice  feel  to them ,do  you  intend  to  play  live when they  are  finished ?

Thank you Graham.   I haven't played out for about ten years.  After playing 45 years as a weekend musician time finally caught up with me and just couldn't do the day job and be out all night on the weekends driving up to 100 miles to make a few bucks.  I decided to get interested in home recording and if it wasn't for my son I probably would have quit all together but he encouraged me to dust off the gear.   Bart does play out at open mic nights at a local bar and does have a band but they haven't done much.  Your question is "excellent".  I was just taking to my son about this the other day.   Some of my ol' musician buddies and my brother (who plays drums) are still active playing the Senior citizen tour in some of the local cities.  To bring R & B Everman on stage would take some doing but I am sure it can be done.  I commented to Bart that if we do this you know that "It's just a feeling" song would be a 20 minute to 30 minute jam!!   

I had to look up Raki...  That is a good song you got there but do they do shots?   I may be limited to 1  wink

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

6 (edited by richeverman 2013-06-10 14:05:10)

Re: New album with my son

Roger Guppy wrote:

Fantastic to be able to share the experience with your son. Please let us know when you have more track completed.

Roger

Yes Roger.   It is like a reunion.  My children had to suffer an ugly divorce when they were quite young... God Bless them.

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

Re: New album with my son

bensonp wrote:

Sounds great to me .

Thanks.   Pete

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

Re: New album with my son

Rich,
  Raki  can be  60% + proof  depending  on who  brews  it . but as  its pretty  pure  with  no  chemicals  or  additives  as long  as  you  eat  when you  drink  it  and  treat it  with  respect   its  not usual  to  get  hung  over .I'm not  sure  what  the  restrictions  are  on  posting  alcohol But   if  you  pm your  address to  me  I'll  send  a sample over  for  you  to  try  If  you  want .

Re: New album with my son

Grah1 wrote:

Rich,
  Raki  can be  60% + proof  depending  on who  brews  it . but as  its pretty  pure  with  no  chemicals  or  additives  as long  as  you  eat  when you  drink  it  and  treat it  with  respect   its  not usual  to  get  hung  over .I'm not  sure  what  the  restrictions  are  on  posting  alcohol But   if  you  pm your  address to  me  I'll  send  a sample over  for  you  to  try  If  you  want .

Wow that is so cool but I don't know what the laws are either in the US for postal mail and alcohol !
Hey I found this and the closest would be Chicago, Illinois for me to pick up a bottle...about 300 miles.  http://www.yenirakiusa.com/wherecanigetraki.cfm   is this the same raki.   Around here we drink bourbon whiskey!   I am about 85 miles from the start of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

Re: New album with my son

That appears  to  be  Turkish raki  which  is   some  what  closer  to  Ouzo ,I  believe  it  has  an aniseed  flavor similar  to  Pernod  .Cretan  Raki is  made  from  the  left  over  grape  skins   from wine pressings   these  are  fermented   and   then distilled  in  a  large  copper kettle  type  thing  called  a  Kazani .We  use  Cretan raki  here  for  all  sorts  of  things   ,mixed  with  honey  and lemon for  colds  ,as  an antiseptic  for  insect  bites  , descaling  kettles  .One  of  our  bars  makes  raki  cocktails  .Its  cheap  and  cheerful about  half  the  price  of  whisky in the  bars  and  in  most  villages    you  get  loads  given .I  was  left  a  10 litre  bottle  the  other  day just  so  the  band  can give  it  away   during  our  performance  at  the  Matala  festival    in 2 weeks .Its  a  great  life .

Re: New album with my son

richeverman wrote:

Haven't been on here for a while. Hope all is well.  My son and I are working on an album together.  I know it may sound corny but it is the R & B Everman album (Rich & Bart)!  The name of the album is "It's just a feeling".  We have three songs done and about to finish two more.  Why... because we both love music and playing!!!
We hope to do at least 16 if God willing and the creek don't rise!!  Have a listen if you wish.


http://richeverman.com/EMPC/itsjustafeeling.htm

Well we got three more done in the cue....

http://richeverman.com/EMPC/tye.htm

http://richeverman.com/EMPC/holeinmypocket.htm

http://richeverman.com/EMPC/cooloceanbreeze.htm

hope you like!!

Rich

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.

Re: New album with my son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZnWOAmOmk

Had some fun with my 11 year old grandson, Casey.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: New album with my son

You have it set to private. We cant see it.

“It’s like a Jab, you got the squeeze and you got the attack, you got the guitar and the emotion behind the song. 
You can plug into a Marshall, but if you are not attacking it,  it's just going to sound so-so.  If the song doesn't grove, you are just bashing through chords” .
-- Mike Ness,  Social Distortion

Re: New album with my son

Sorry guys, had to get Casey to unlock my U-Tube channel. Please try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZnWOAmOmk

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Re: New album with my son

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Sorry guys, had to get Casey to unlock my U-Tube channel. Please try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZnWOAmOmk

He appears to be a natural!  Good job.

In my late teens I had a drug problem...now in my sixties all my problems have a drug.