Topic: Capo

I have recently found this site and was wondering how you know which songs need a capo...am I missing something here?

Thanks

Re: Capo

capos are useful for transposing songs to a key that is easier for your voice. So if you're trying to sing and play and it's too high or too low, go ahead and capo up!

A capo is a tool that allows the player to fine tune a song to the singers voice. Aloso it allows a player to play over a wide range of "Keys" by using the same chord formation. As a simple example.

A player is more comfortable playing a "G", "C" and "D" chord progression but the singer sings in the Key of "A". By the player placing the capo on the 2nd fret he can continue to play the "G", "C" and "D" chord progession but the chord voicing will be "A", "D" and "E". By placing the capo on the 4th fret and playing the same "G", "C" and "D" progression the chord voicing would "B", "E" and "F#". Difficult chords now become easy. There is a capo chart posted here on Chordie that explains this very well. You should print out this chart and keep it with you as you practice. If you need any more help in understanding the capo, just continue to post and we will try to help answer your questions.

NELA

And there you have it Micallrob.  These guys explained it to a T.  In other words. if your voice can't hit all the high or low notes, put on the csapo and and keep moving it up the neck until you can sing comfortably using the same chords you like.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Have a look on YouTube for Don Felder doing a lesson on Hotel California. The capo really comes into its own on that song.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

Have a look at Albert Collins. I doubt if he ever played without one. He used it to creat his own unique sound.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.