1 (edited by bud_wiser 2013-06-16 00:06:37)

Topic: I've missed you guys

Holla all,

Been a wee while since I've been on here, so firstly my apologies for my absence and silence. In my defence I have been a busy boy meeting and marrying my lovely lass, moving home and being busy with the band. However none of that is justification for neglecting such a wonderful group of people as this site is home to.

I got a pang the other day when thinking about this site and what it has actually meant to me over the years, hence why I've been so compelled to get back on here and check in at least.

I hope everyone is well and it's great to see all the usual suspects are pretty much all present and accounted for. How have you all been????

This site got me through some tough times, has been an absolute inspiration at times when I may ordinarily have given up and has introduced me to some genuinely lovely lovely people.

This is all my long winded way of saying something I covered in the title of this post......I have missed you guys a lot and its good to be back. I will try and be on here a lot more moving forward. It's good for the soul methinks.

So, what have I missed??

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

Re: I've missed you guys

Good to hear from you bud - I always enjoyed your solo vids and was excited for you when you found a band to front. You are a genuine chordie success story! Congrats on the marriage as well! Sounds like your life is going great!

As for what you have missed, the first thing that comes to mind is chordiestock 2013 that was held in February. It was an awesome blast to meet and play with fellow chordians from far away that have been virtual friends with for years. Check out the thread and photos here:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=20856

Would love to see some new vids of you and the band! Stay in touch.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

welcome back bud,nice too hear from you again looks like you have been real busy for awile. Hope we see you here more now.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome back, and congratulations on starting a new phase of life. May you have many happy years together.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A warm welcome and congratulations from me too. I am pleased that things are going well for you and you must let us know how the band is going.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welcome back!  Good to see you here again.  Congrats on the wedding!!!! 

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It's good to see you again Bud.  Congratulations  to you and your wonderful wife. It sounds as if you have been very busy.  There is a life without Chordie, however I agree with you about there being some great people here.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Howdy y'all.....thanks for such a lovely and warm welcome back. You are all far too kind, but it's lovely to hear from you.

Yes, been a busy time, but no more so than many others have been no doubt so it's nice to get back to a bit of normality, which absolutely includes staying in touch with the wonderful Chordians.

Sounds like there have been some jams and gatherings going on. They sound fantastic.....maybe I'll manage to get myself involved in one at some point.

As for me, well, married life is fantastic thus far. Long may it continue, but I'm loving it.

Things with the band are good. We were gigging this weekend on Friday night, supporting two wonderful bands and marking a real step up in levels for us. We were on the bill with 5th and Pontiac and also the superb King King (ft Alan Nimmo). Well worth checking both bands out.

I'm still writing and playing my own music, with the difference being that a lot of these songs end up in the mix with the band, which is great. I'll share in the right forum in due course but if anyone wants a listen of what I've been up to in the meantime, I've just made a soundcloud page at: http://www.soundcloud.com/mdr1977 and our band page is at: http://www.soundcloud.com/thecore-1

Anyway, thank you for being so welcoming as ever. I have genuinely missed spending much time on this site lately so it feels very nice to be back and I look forward to boring you all further in the very near future smile

aw, missed you too.....manhug?

just returned from lanzagrotty, never to return

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Always with the manhugs Phil......you know I can't resist!

LOL

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

i'll only do it if yer a-warin' yer kilt man...och aye

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.