Topic: another busted string

It's getting expensive, but I sure am loud.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: another busted string

Go up a size or use a softer pick.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

3 (edited by dino48 2013-06-20 01:17:26)

Zurf wrote:

It's getting expensive, but I sure am loud.

need to lighten up zurf!!  I would like to own some stock in the company you buy your strings from.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

No softer pick without using air. I probably should lighten up, but I've been told to lighten up so many ti es by so many people for so long that it is difficult to accept that it is actually sound advice for once. The irony is deafening.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

To put it bluntly, I think it's you. You'll have to learn a diff method 'cuz blowing out a string every time you play just isn't gonna work. Just because it's called a percussive doesn't mean it's a drum and a chop doesn't mean to cut your stings.  Hiyah!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Mic it up! If you want loud thats teh best way,,, or put on .12's and have fun with them on your neck! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thats what guitar strings are for - beat 'em until submission then keep beating them til they break.

Then put on a new set of oh so sweet sounding strings, repeat.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

13s on that guitar. I like Topdown's attitude. It's cheaper than therapy.

What an awesome thread ... love it!

I'll likely never break a string using Dunlop .60's on the acoustic, and .73's on the electric. I used much heavier picks "back in the day", but now prefer to choke up on them a bit more for better articulation ... or so I keep telling myself.

Keep on rocking, my friend!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Zurf you may have too take up busking in your town too pay for all the new strings you need.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Chop chop chop, BOINGGGG!!!!  Is it the same string every time Zurf?  Maybe you can just buy that one string in bulk and keep on chopping!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sure glad I'm a calm, low key player.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I have a brother in law beats the strings like that he use the softest pick he can fine and the heavest strings

Let no talents go unused

Actually, are they breaking at the nut or the tailpiece or bridge? Is there a sharp spot that is cutting into the strings and weakening them until they break? I had that problem with my Rickenbacker. It was a little sharp spot in the nut. A couple swipes with some sandpaper fixed it. Note: An experienced repairman did it. I wouldn`t try it myself.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.