Topic: holly cow pattys

Im sitting here shaking i just played thunder rolls by garth brooks i didnt hold any thing backi played and sang it like there was no tomarrow i surprised my self. To bad no ond was arojnd to hear it.. now i think i need a knap

Let no talents go unused

Re: holly cow pattys

Makes you want too cry I did that a few times when I nailed a song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That happens to me too once in a while, when somehow I let it all hang out there. It's a great feeling when it all comes together. At my age naps are mandatory.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

4 (edited by beamer 2013-06-27 02:54:38)

Ill never forget being 15 and Nailing Stairway.  6 of us in a VW bug riding home from school. Me in front seat with my female neighbor on my lap.  I was so tired (a bit stoned) and the song came on.  I thought I was singing to myself.  song ended, I looked up and everyone in the car was silent and staring at me.  Has not happened since.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I've been working on trying to "let go" when playing.  Perhaps that's why I've been breaking so many strings.  Anyway, it's not easy.  I'm like the Luke Skywalker of self-consciousness.  "The self-conscious is strong in this one, Master Yoda."

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That's the way it works Fire art.  If you tried playing it right now in front of a camera, it wouldn't come out as nice.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Zurf wrote:

I've been working on trying to "let go" when playing.  Perhaps that's why I've been breaking so many strings.  Anyway, it's not easy.  I'm like the Luke Skywalker of self-consciousness.  "The self-conscious is strong in this one, Master Yoda."

Underestimate yourself, you do, Zurfwalker. From what I know of you I'd bet that you'd do great in front of an audience. Let go and be the best Zurf you can be!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

it happens all the time, eg; i write a song and when i record it it sounds brill! so i play it over and over and it still sounds great. then i switch off, go to bed and listen again next day....then it's....oh dear, it's as if next day i'm a different person listening as a third party and so listening with a more critical ear. then i re-do it, and re-do it..ad infinitum...

lesson is; i never do a gig inebriated, never finalize a song that night, never marry a girl i've only met once...? never buy anything from a salesman who says; " i can only offer you this price now, tomorrow it goes up." ok, i'll get it on ebay. i'm not even making sense to myself now so i'll say goodnight and go to bed.......

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.