Topic: back injury = more guitar time

Been off work for a week and passing the time learning and practicing scales. Trying to keep a positive outlook while the doctors figure out what to do. Hoping upcoming MRI next week may give us answers and plan of action. Maybe it's time to retire, don't really want to but may have to. Want to welcome all new members and say thank you to my Chordie family for helping me get through a tough time.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Re: back injury = more guitar time

Well good luck with the back, but like you say, more time for practicing.  There is good in everything, including retirement.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

A guitar is great time machine...some nights I start messing around and look up and it's the next day. I hope you heal fast and remember that there are worse things than retirement.  smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

bluejeep I hope your back problem is not bad and you will recover quick.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good luck.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

hi my name is Stacy.  30 years of pipe fitting and bad genes finished my back.  Hopefully you will recover & get back to work if that's what you want.  I miss my back but I haven't played guitar this much since I was 20.  Good luck

There's no money above the seventh fret ~ Tommy Tedesco

Hi BJ,

Wishing for a successful conclusion to your back problem, In the meantime the guitar is is great way to take your mind off it and to develop new skills.

Roger

A warm welcome is extended to Stacy, but please start your own thread and tell us a little about yourself, your guitars and your ability so we can welcome you properly and not cloud the issue with messages for Bluejeep. smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

So sorry to hear about your back problems, BlueJeep;

Hopefully your test results will give your therapist the info needed to return you to the level of function YOU want to be at. Life has stuff we can control and stuff we can't. It's been personally helpful to look at the latter as opportunities, not limitations. Now your guitar will get more attention, and you can grow to a whole new skill level as a result.

Get well soon!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I,too, have suffered from back problems (ruptured disc) and suffered thru 2 back surgeries. Just listen to your doctors instructions and take it easy. If I can offer any advice it would be to not sit or lay around too much. One thing that helped me was to just get out and walk. It will take time and a lotta effort on your part but you can get over this. Keep that guitar close, keep a positive attitude and play, play, play.

NELA

No dought you will make lemon aid out of your troubles if it wasnt for my bad knee last year i would not have picked up a GuiTar. it is one of the best decision ive ever made

Let no talents go unused

Back problems are a real stinker - best of luck...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic