Topic: whats the next step after barre chords

yaar i can now play all the bar chords neatly but the problem arises when i try to change from a normal chord to barre chord...it takes a lot of time .....any suggestions???????

JAG is a an urdu word of persian origin which means the universe.:)

2 (edited by alvee33 2007-06-03 12:01:42)

Re: whats the next step after barre chords

Sometimes it's all about how you position your fingers for the open chord.
say you are going from Em to F#m - use your 3rd and 4th fingers for the Em then just slide up. Remember there is more than one way to finger a chord so sometimes an alternative fingering is easier to change from.

Apart from that.......................

Practice!

Sorry. I know it seems to be the answer no-one wants to hear when looking to make things easier but in most cases it's the only answer. You have made a giant leap in getting to grips with barre chords - now it's only a matter of time and you'll be changing between seamlessly. Unlike myself.

Still practicing!

Al V

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

yaar it si not so tough playing a barre chord .it does not require huge strenth as it seems.just try to place the curves in the fingers between the strings.try to play barre chords such as f which are at the top of the fret board[ie. slim part of the fret board ].try it .hope it will help you........:)

jag,

Now that you know barre chords, try to play your chords further up the neck!  Have you tried to play a C and G chords using the barre on the 3rd fret?  Or, can you play an A and a D chord, using barre on the 5th fret?  What about string muting?  Can you mute the low E string, while playing a barre chord that has a 5th string root? 

These are things that will help you become more effective when playing barre chords!  Give them a try. 

jag wrote:

yaar it si not so tough playing a barre chord .it does not require huge strenth as it seems.just try to place the curves in the fingers between the strings.try to play barre chords such as f which are at the top of the fret board[ie. slim part of the fret board ].try it .hope it will help you........:)

5 (edited by jag 2007-06-05 03:47:42)

thanx everyone for your dear concern.:).......but it is working out.......while changing it is easier if you form  the basic structure of the chord & then place your barre finger....