Topic: Mistook Ian Anderson for Zurph

On Facebook today I causally glanced at the new postings and I thought I saw a new picture of Zurph up...Nope. On second glance I discovered it was Wolf Trap, which is a local DC venue, advertizing Ian Anderson's performance tonight. I wish I was going because I really do enjoy Jethro Tull songs but I am not. Zurph, are you going? I would venture to guess that you and Mr. Anderson could take a great picture.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: Mistook Ian Anderson for Zurph

Going?  I'm the main attraction.  Busted by Jets60.  I'm a heavy metal floutist.  LOL!

No.  I'm not going.  I also enjoy Jethro Tull music. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Here is a link to the picture of Zurf.....I mean Ian...Twin brothers from different mothers is my vote.  smile

http://fcnp.com/2013/07/10/press-pass-ian-anderson/

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

I sure wish I had some photshop skills. Would love to chop a pic with Zurf playing the flute!

Tull was one of my favorites back in the day. IA sure can rock the flute. Martin Barre wasn't too shabby on the guitar either.

Wish I was closer -I bet Ian still sounds pretty good!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'd need some Just For Men hair color and to lose thirty pounds...

Funny that he's got a scar by his 'laugh line' like I do though.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I'm betting it was the codpiece.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Zurf wrote:

I'm a heavy metal floutist.  LOL!

- Zurf

I like Tull, but I have to say IT IS NOT HEAVY METAL.  I quit paying attention to the grammys up untill this last year (Halestorm won best new metal/ rock band) when they gave Juthro Tull best Heavy metal band over Metallica and their album  ..And justice for all.

( Gotta keep my new name intact :-) )

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

No, I never considered their music to be heavy metal either.  I think that it's been jokingly described as Heavy Metal Flute music because folks liked the double meaning and it stuck. 

- Zurf

Ian has repeatedly joked publicly about that award, and the band were as surprised as everyone at the time. A great deal of their material has been to mock the music industry, the critics, the publicists, etc., especially with "Thick as a Brick". Jethro Tull (like Steely Dan and a few others) are one of those bands whom no one has ever really duplicated. Their sound and style are unique.