1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2013-08-01 17:03:55)

Topic: Guitar hangers

I just ordered 4 of these they are on sale for $3.95 each the shipping was $5.40 for 4 so if you have more then one ax there handy to have smile
http://www.displaygifts.com/product/ite … MgodrW8Amw

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Guitar hangers

Awesome find Russ!!!! Makes me wish I hung my guitars.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a great deal.  I have 5 of the wooden Dean Markley ones in my guitar/man room.  May need to pick on up for my son though.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I live in a small studio apartment and space is really important and I wont have to worry about knocking one over now and then smile

No more kicking them over by accident smile
https://sphotos-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/625461_10201816338468911_934297164_n.jpg

They look great Russell.  I wish I could hang mine, but alas they need their in case humidity.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

They look great Russell.  I wish I could hang mine, but alas they need their in case humidity.

Pete, ever since I have been keeping a large bowl of water right near my heating intake (its on the floor level) I have not had an issue in my guitar room. If the room is dry, the water evaporates  to it.  I do not have to worry about a humidifier getting mist all over my stuff either.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

What I like about this idea is the hanger all came with the screws and a plastic expander for the screw which makes it easy to hang in plaster which is what is behind the thin paneling on my walls smile

those are nice but I would be afraid of using them in the shakey state of california. I have seen earthquakes out here that move cars and trucks and knock all your dishes out of the cubords.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

On that shaky state point - beware of {my} shaky DIY. After a year of happy hanging, I rotated my display of hanging guitars, and a week later my lovely Epi Sheraton decided to make a vertical trip to the floor, leaving the hanger at an unsightly 45 degree angle. Yes - I now buy matching screw and plug sets! I guess Pete Townsend is vindicated - a strait down blow hardly dented the poor thing. Scared the daylights out of me tho! Gentlemen, you may now laugh at my independent lady DIY attempts.

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

My wife bought me a bunch of those. I am just too lazy to put them up.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

My wife bought me a bunch of those. I am just too lazy to put them up.

jjj,you are an honest man!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

beamer wrote:
bensonp wrote:

Pete, ever since I have been keeping a large bowl of water right near my heating intake (its on the floor level) I have not had an issue in my guitar room. If the room is dry, the water evaporates  to it.  I do not have to worry about a humidifier getting mist all over my stuff either.

I'll have to check this out.  My intake is on the ceiling however.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:
beamer wrote:
bensonp wrote:

I'll have to check this out.  My intake is on the ceiling however.

Then sit a large bowl of water in a corner. if the room is dry, it will get H2O from the easiest place to find it. an open bowl is much better tahn sucking it out of wood.

I guess that makes the (almost) constant rain here in Wales a god send, as I dont have to worry about my boys drying out or falling off the wall for that matter, even though I dont have any space on my walls at the moment, nice display of hangers though Russ wink

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill we have been getting a lot of rain in the Midwest this has been the coolest summer weather wise I can remember one week of 80 degree plus and that was it summer is gone glad ya like the display smile

Phill Williams wrote:

I guess that makes the (almost) constant rain here in Wales a god send, as I dont have to worry about my boys drying out or falling off the wall for that matter, even though I dont have any space on my walls at the moment, nice display of hangers though Russ wink

yeah man, they look cool!

weather wise, it's actually been one of our hottest for many years, ir at least it was for a couple of weeks, then it cooled off a bit and we had some rain. most of it fell in one lump...wooosh! it's still quite warm though, or it could be me getting old and sweaty. i dont suppose anybody wanted to know that?

so what it boils down to is; even when it's dry here, it's damp.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

18 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-08-13 21:36:12)

Last Friday evening, a cord caught around the leg of one of my guitar stands, sending my Larrivee towards the hardwood floor. Some old hockey goaltending reflexes came back, and I caught it on my instep just before it hit the floor ... whew! Anyway, that highly motivated me to head down to the local Long & McQuade's and pick up wall hangers, and they're now solidly mounted. My Stanley stud-finder helped me find solid wood to fasten them to, so no anchors were needed. A close call with a good ending!

Thanks for a very timely post, Russell!

That was a close call it would have been heart breaking if you get a chance post a photo or two glad I could help smile

Tenement Funster wrote:

Last Friday evening, a cord caught around the leg of one of my guitar stands, sending my Larrivee towards the hardwood floor. Some old hockey goaltending reflexes came back, and I caught it on my instep just before it hit the floor ... whew! Anyway, that highly motivated me to head down to the local Long & McQuade's and pick up wall hangers, and they're now solidly mounted. My Stanley stud-finder helped me find solid wood to fasten them to, so no anchors were needed. A close call with a good ending!

Thanks for a very timely post, Russell!