Topic: said it before

Ive said before i keep getting better well im but it has taken a lot longer than i thought it would but still happy with progress

Let no talents go unused

Re: said it before

First year, people smile and nod. Second year you feel pretty good about yourself. Third year, people ask you to bring your guitar with you.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good for you Fire art - I've been at it for a little more than 5 years and I'm pretty pleased with my mediocrectiviness. (yeah, I made that word up). I'm too old to be a rock star, but I've accomplished more than I ever dreamed (like playing in front of people). Whatever your goals are, music sure is fun.

I've found that playing with others is the best way for me to learn at this stage and is an awesome motivator!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Nice one fire art keep it up , zurf well summed up I am just about moving into the second year stage and am starting to feel better about my playing , pleased with progress though

Good going, Fire Art!

More important than progress or "skill level" is enjoyment. If YOU like what you're doing, any progress will be enjoyable.

Zurf wrote:

First year, people smile and nod. Second year you feel pretty good about yourself. Third year, people ask you to bring your guitar with you.

I don't know how that applies to me. I played from the time I was 12 until I was in my late twenties or early thirties. Work, marriage and children pushed my time away until I lost interest. I bought my first new one in decades this year after my sixtieth birthday and am ramping up. But I'm developing finger strength, toughness and just getting them to jump into place when I see a chord designation. It comes back.

Shorter of breathe and one day closer to death.

You can't help but get better when you practice a lot. The speed at which each of us gets better is relative.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

steve12553 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

I don't know how that applies to me. I played from the time I was 12 until I was in my late twenties or early thirties. Work, marriage and children pushed my time away until I lost interest. I bought my first new one in decades this year after my sixtieth birthday and am ramping up. But I'm developing finger strength, toughness and just getting them to jump into place when I see a chord designation. It comes back.

It may not apply at all. I type a lot of stuff. It can't all make sense.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude