Topic: Some Blues with my new Guitar

I finely set it up and did a video of my new guitar and Stetsbar tremolo just a little blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4vXuf-X … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Some Blues with my new Guitar

That was awesome Russ!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff, Russell ... thanks for posting!

Your new Douglas guitar has fantastic sparkle, sustain, crispness, etc. ... all the things a good blues guitar should have. Nice to to see the Stetsbar in action also!

Left you a comment on YT, But that was Kick butt Russ! the slide was soo good!  I bet that Surff music would be killer on that.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Thanks all for commenting the tremolo is really fun to work with I am still getting used to the bass and treble mix on the guitar which is the reason I chose a easy blues to play but practice is always the answer Beamer don't know about surf music but I recall doing a few one of them is "Wipeout" also some old Duane Eddy or Link Ray's "Rumble" I go back a ways lol thanks again everyone smile

Russ, my sons first song he learned was THE RUMBLE.  Wipe out is great and pipeline.  check out this version of pipeline as you probably have never heard it (yes THE METALIZER IS BACKIN DA HOUSE) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yhi50TKWM0

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Russ, my sons first song he learned was THE RUMBLE.  Wipe out is great and pipeline.  check out this version of pipeline as you probably have never heard it (yes THE METALIZER IS BACKIN DA HOUSE) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yhi50TKWM0

I think anyone trying to dance to this will need a fibirator to get there heart moving again very quick tempo must have been a concert performance smile

nice  tone  Russ  well  played .

The new guitar sounds great and the new whammy bar is super.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Grah1 wrote:

nice  tone  Russ  well  played .

Thank you leaving a comment on YT as well its always nice to hear smile

Roger Guppy wrote:

The new guitar sounds great and the new whammy bar is super.

Roger

thanks Roger with the coming of cold weather soon I will be doing a lot more recording I only go out for essentials snow all looks the same lol

What is the amp setup? This sounds almost Strat sparkly....

Russell, wish I had your talent. The loop is so cool, I'll have to learn how to do that.

Oh yeah.  Blues on your knew nice looking guitar.  Great job Russell. Sounding good man

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Great stuff Russell! 
That's a great looking axe.  Love the slide .. I gave that a couple minutes' attempt and just got noise and never got back to it.  Maybe this winter...
Thanks for sharing your work!
Jim

Baldguitardude wrote:

What is the amp setup? This sounds almost Strat sparkly....

BGD I use a PA amp Phonic 100W with 2 12" speaker cabinets My Boss ME-50 provides the effects I think the sound quality is because of the pickups they really do sound nice and clean this Douglass 2000 is exceptional in everyway smile

jackde wrote:

Russell, wish I had your talent. The loop is so cool, I'll have to learn how to do that.

Jack the loop is my Boss 20-XL loop station I also use a Boss F5-6 foot switch it allows me to switch up or down thru all 13 loops one other thing is its fantastic practice tool my setup cost a few buck but there are less expensive models that will be fun to use and help you develop your potential smile

bensonp wrote:

Oh yeah.  Blues on your knew nice looking guitar.  Great job Russell. Sounding good man

Thanks Pete feedback is so important and I appreciate your taking time to listen smile

jgreen wrote:

Great stuff Russell! 
That's a great looking axe.  Love the slide .. I gave that a couple minutes' attempt and just got noise and never got back to it.  Maybe this winter...
Thanks for sharing your work!
Jim

Thanks Jim using a slide at first is tricky you have to put the slide on the fret not between them it just takes a little practice smile

Well I might just have to pick me up one of those. Can I have the link again please?

Baldguitardude wrote:

Well I might just have to pick me up one of those. Can I have the link again please?

http://www.rondomusic.com/shadowcsb.html
BGD the guitar in this photo is the basic Douglass Shadow CSB a funny thing when I ordered this they shipped me the upgraded Douglass 2000 the only difference is the side trim on the body and neck so I don't know if they made a mistake or just upgraded the order but the pickups and everything else is the same smile

Good blues tune and new guitar is super nice Russell. I left a comment on you tube also the name there is 56 ford Vicky. The bridge and wham Bar look too be the same one I have on my Espana 335 copy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That Douglass Shadow is a beauty. I listened to your song early this morning, loved it.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

dino48 wrote:

Good blues tune and new guitar is super nice Russell. I left a comment on you tube also the name there is 56 ford Vicky. The bridge and wham Bar look too be the same one I have on my Espana 335 copy.

dino it could be but these are fairly new on the market if it says Stetsbar pro ll on the mounting plate then it is and thanks for leaving a comment I appreciate it I got mine from AMS (American Music Supply) smile

bluejeep wrote:

That Douglass Shadow is a beauty. I listened to your song early this morning, loved it.

thank you always nice to hear a compliment smile