Topic: I think I might have a bad case of G. A. S.

I have now got a Fender Kingman and the matching bass, a Squeir telecaster, a Squeir Bullet Strat, a Squeir Jaguar bass, several amps, and am planning on a Stratocaster kit to build myself.  As for the kit, I want a natural wood body and a maple fretboard and will finish them to show the beauty of the wood.  Is there a cure for this?

Re: I think I might have a bad case of G. A. S.

Cure? You sound perfectly normal to me...

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

You might think it but we now know you got G.A.S. Which is kinda normal and is ok if you got the money do it!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I thought GAS was a good thing;)

Let no talents go unused

There is no cure.  The best I can say is, just try not to spend everything on Guitars because you will need to buy a little food to eat and keep a roof over those babies!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

More Cowbell.....

It's better to burn out....than it is to rust

G.A.S. is a normal body function. Most guitar players get it, and for many it passes with the purchase of a new guitar. In severe cases it lasts for years and you never really are cured. It's not always that you need a new guitar as much as you want a new guitar. Removing a few from your collection is optional and there are no restrictions on the amount you may own. Duplicates are also allowed. Never , never, ever tell your wife what you paid for a guitar as she may sell it on you for the ridiculously low price you told her it cost.
P.S.- Enjoy the journey.

Joe

There is no bad GAS. Enjoy.

Gas good

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

There is no such thing as a "bad" case of GAS.  There is no cure, it can only be managed by playing more guitar. The hardest thing about GAS is deciding which one should I play, the 6 string, the 12er, or the strat or the banjo, or maybe the dulcimer - wait I saw really nice Johnson electric at the guitar store the other day - Honey I'm going out for awhile, be back soon!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

"Nothing like a bad case of GAS!" (Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face in "Batman Forever")

Terrible movie, but a great quote .. sounds like you're 100% healthy to me!

One thing that slowed down my GAS was that I'm running out of room along my bedroom wall and I don't was to put them in other rooms where they'll be ignored and neglected. I've got five stands, four in corners where they can't fall and one safely in a chair. Do they make a rack that holds ten or more?

Shorter of breathe and one day closer to death.

I think Guitar Center sells a stand that holds 7 or 8 guitars.

steve12553 wrote:

One thing that slowed down my GAS was that I'm running out of room along my bedroom wall and I don't was to put them in other rooms where they'll be ignored and neglected. I've got five stands, four in corners where they can't fall and one safely in a chair. Do they make a rack that holds ten or more?

why not hang some of them on the wall like they do in the store,they sell hangers at guitar center.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yep hang from walls!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)