Topic: Johnson JG-50

Anybody else own one of these Johnsons? Looking for string recommendations.

2 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-10-01 10:16:45)

Re: Johnson JG-50

I'd never heard of Johnson's until I saw your post, and just visited their site ... nice assortment.

Strings are very subjective, with everyone having their favorites because of playing style, musical taste, price, etc. I personally like Elixir NanoWeb 80/20 Bronze 12-53's on a spruce-top acoustic. They have a rich, full-bodied sound which suits my flat-picking style, and the coating allows them to keep their tone longer than uncoated strings. If you talk to a knowledgeable person at a reputable music store, they'll ask you about your instrument and playing style, and should be able to make a good recommendation. Beyond that, don't be afraid to experiment with different types until you find what you like.

And by the way, welcome to Chordie!

Re: Johnson JG-50

Strings are very subjective, with everyone having their favorites because of playing style, musical taste, price, etc. I personally like Elixir NanoWeb 80/20 Bronze 12-53's on a spruce-top acoustic. They have a rich, full-bodied sound which suits my flat-picking style, and the coating allows them to keep their tone longer than uncoated strings. If you talk to a knowledgeable person at a reputable music store, they'll ask you about your instrument and playing style, and should be able to make a good recommendation. Beyond that, don't be afraid to experiment with different types until you find what you like.

My Leather Site [url=http://www.sydneyleather.com.au]Leather Jackets & Coats - Sydneyleather.com.au[/url]