Topic: Well..... dang

Looks like we'd better be doing some more camping in the coming seasons.  I am going to have to drop a little over 3 grand into my tow vehicle to get it to pass inspection.  Replacement is 30 grand, so in comparison that's a bargain.  Still, that's the Martin I want, the Loar archtop I want to go with it, and a kick butt PA and recording set up thrown in on top. 

I figured, what the heck, with that much money going into the suspension, steering, brakes, and exhaust, I figured to at least get a little more engine performance and am having a cold air intake put on too.  That only adds an Ibanez acoustic electric bass to the cost. 

My wallet hurts.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Well..... dang

I feel your pain buddy.  Half of the excitement of a new Martin is waiting and planning.  Good luck

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

To top it off, the electronics on my Breedlove just crapped out today.  I put in a fresh battery to no avail.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf I know the feeling of waiting for the Martin,seems like when I get closer too saving enough I end up having to spend it on something else that the house or car needs. I am still saving though.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

That is tough to have to repair a truck I have enough to keep up with my 1998 Dodge ES but ya gotta have a horse smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That's a whole load of bad luck about your truck, Mr Z. But more camping can't be too bad? And didn't that Breedlove come with a lifetime guarantee from Dirty Ed?!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Dirty Ed said that it would make me a famous pop star and instantly turn me into a songwriter of such caliber that my first song would be worthy of a lifetime achievement award.  Not to mention make me grow luxurious hair, erase wrinkles, and put some zip into my step.  But I don't remember anything about a lifetime guarantee other than, "It broke?  I guess that was it's lifetime."

Oh and I suppose I also forgot to warn you about the tendency for the latest owner of the guitar to indulge in prevarication................. wink

That sux about the electronics Zurf.  But per Wayne Henderson (highly acclaimed builder of acoustics) in the book Clapton's Guitar: "Guitars are like vacuum cleaners -if you plug them in they suck", so I guess it sux either way.  Have you checked the wiring ?

Also sorry to hear about the vet bill for your mechanical horse.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I haven't checked it yet.  Maybe this weekend. I'm betting it's a loose wire. I only used them for the tuner anyway.

10 (edited by naolslager 2013-10-25 02:14:47)

My long-sought Martin, the one that I did not bond with? The proceeds of the sale went into a new set of tires for my car. Not as much fun, but necessary. My next guitar just turned into an ABS wheel speed sensor for my wife's car. My 50th birthday gift? A leaking diverter valve in the upstairs shower bought me a large ceiling repair.

Life: sometimes the dragon wins.
Dj